•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Rumour: 'Lena to Defend title in 2011'

1. BTD A Member

(http://www.eurovisionary.com/eurovision-news/lena-wants-defend-title-2011)

Stefan Raab gave an interview to journalists from the German newspaper 'Spiegel'. Raab was Lena Meyer-Landrut's mentor. The German TV entertainer prepared Lena in the months before the Eurovision Song Contest. Raab is very proud of his protégé and asked her to defend her title next year.

Stefan Raab was extremely happy with Germany's victory: 'Lena won, Germany won, Europe won. The whole week I thought there was a chance we could win the contest, but in the end there were doubts because the level of the songs was so high. I think we won the contest just because of Lena. I think she would have won with every possible song.'

Raab's job isn't finished, he says: 'It could become even more beautiful. I think Lena has to defend her title next year. She has to enter the German selections again. The people will definitely support her, it's going to be crazy!'. During the celebrations in Hannover Raab already asked Lena if she would participate again next year. The German star said she would love to compete again. Only in 1957 and 1958 Eurovision Song Contest winners performed the year afterwards in their own country, however with disappointing results.

Personally I think this would be a terrible decision. She would have to live up to a lot of expectation considering her global chart success this year and a 20-year old Lena trying to defend a reasonably narrowly won crown is an equation which probably wont work well.

Of course, this is not the winner herself's words and there is a lot of time yet for things to develop.

[IMG]
  2. Freakazoid New Member

Even if she did, I HIGHLY doubt she will win again. Her gimicky personality will be tiring by then. Hopefully Germany does something German next year. Doubt it though! Look at Norway this year. Terrible song. Yuck.
  3. Liam Esterran.

Yes yes, we get the picture, you don't like Lena, you love the German language blah blah blah, seriously you've made 10 posts now and you're yet to say anything interesting.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023