•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Song contest: pre-promo your song!

1. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

With the last contest ollie came up with the great idea of a thread where we write why we chose our songs for the esc chat song contest. :) SO here we go again!! Write here why you chose your song, if it means anything to you, and why you like it + anything else! (BUT REMEMBER DON'T REVEAL YOUR SONG!! And dont make it obvious in any way either!)

OK, Moi!
    hmm ... well ... tbh I just chose my song because ITS AWESOME!!! I did say after the last one i'd chose a song that .. I dunno, meant something to me, but tbh there are few songs which mean something to me or songs that provoke real emotions in me (I mean emotions other than "yeeaaaah this is well good!!!!!"). Mind you, one of the songs somebody has chosen this year manages to do that, (provoke proper emotions), but i'll say no more about that.

BTW the submission period is still open until Wednesday evening!!!
  2. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

I like the song that I have chosen and I haven't listened to it since I started my one-a-day country-out-of-the-bag game (which I dearly miss *sniff*).

Actually, my song does make me feel something other than YEY when I listen to it, so mine could be the song that Jonny is talking about. Whether or not it is, it represents a genre of music that may as well now be dead in the UK and I hope that people appreciate it. :)
  3. Kevin New Member

Well, the song i chose is just immense! the singer sounds great, looks great and the song is amazing!
    i wanted this the first edition, but it didn't win the preselection i did
    hopefully it will win, or make the top 5 (if it doesn't there will be trouble)
    this was the song of my winter :D - i hope you enjoy it too :)
  4. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

the reason i chose my song is because it has a deep meaning and almost everyone has listened to it before, even if they dont know it! it was described as the greatest song ever written by a famous artist! the story behind the song is even more exciting!
  5. Aaron N Moof master

Argh! I always did wonder why I hated English…. I’m no good at describing stuff :P lmao

Why did I chose my song? For me this is one of those songs that just grabbed me from the 1st listen and every time I listen to it, it just hits something inside of me and there have been times were I have cried while listening to it and the title itself I think reflects a big part of my life and the artist is just incredible every song they have made as has such an impact on my life and this artist will always have a permanent place on my Ipod.

I’ve just realised how depressing that description sounds :P lmaoo but I really do hope you’ll like my song and if you don’t I won’t cut myself over it…. Much lmao

*goes to cheer himself up with La Emilia and other MF songs*
  6. Mark New Member

My Song...

Firstly, I don't think it will be half as popular as Agnes was for me, however I like it even more than Agnes. It is a very beautiful ballad, sung by one of the sexiest woman there has ever been. The song makes me want to be part of ex-sov in the communism era, how strange. It's stunning and orginal and has an amazing music video. It's currently one of my favourite songs and will probably last to be one of my favourites for a while... I hope you lot like it to :D
  7. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

thanks jonny for the regocnition - due to techical problems on youtubes part my video is messed up, but i will get back to you about my song...
  8. Mina Member with a "past"

I chose my song because it has something more to say than the typical I love you - you don't love me stuff and it makes you think and feel when you listen to it..and its video is one of the best I've seen. I also love the singer's voice, I think she's perfect for this kind of songs.
  9. Arben The Flag Lover

why did i choose exactly that song...?

mmh, i think i want to show u songs i like which arent that known but maybe at least one of you will like, if that is the case id be so happy and if not, i keep on trying...

The song is a of my favourite artist and i wanted to offer him/her my first entry.
  10. My song is not Swedish. *gasps all round* :o

My entry is an uplifting ballad, verging on the mid-tempo side, which soars with the help of a symphony of strings and the beauty of the Italian language. During the harsh winter months it was a light piercing through the oppressive clouds, dispelling the darkness and providing me with the uplifting kick I needed to get me through the day! Now, it's quite relaxing and comforting and reminds me of one of the happiest times of my life in the Swiss mountains :) I hope you all enjoy!

Judging from the vague promos we're getting a lot of personal, meaningful ballads (or songs in general) which doesn't bode well for any of us :D I think in the future I shall be sticking to uptempo; alternating between the edgy, the catchy and the down right cheesy (but no K3 Jonny, I promise :D)

Good luck everyone! :)
  11. Kevin New Member

theres gna be a chiara moment soon!

luckily my song is more like jóhanna's than chiara's ;)

IMO, its like Chiara singing Is It True? - aka, Immense ;)
  12. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

YAYAYAYA No K3 ... but do I smell an Alcazar song? BTW Next time I might send a ballad ... as I haven't sent one at all yet :)
  13. calrisle Scrutineer

TVD has had a financial wobble in this credit crunch, so Melodavestivalen has had to skip an edition just to stay on the right side of the administrators. Folowing the example of our broadcasting colleagues at RUV in Iceland, we'd like to thank FrankMusik for his consideration in doing Davis Island proud, but managing to restrain that great performance to the extent that we didn't have to host it this time!

The internal selection here has turned out a really great pop song with a positive message about overcoming life's difficulties and having the strength of heart to let positivity reign. This choice of song is specifically dedicated to some of my friends on here who sometimes feel down and sometimes feel as though things are too hard for them.

Lift your head up high.
  14. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

my song this edition may not appeall to all audiences, and i would agree witht that. i personally love this song, and i believe that the meaning behind the lyrics and video is the best thing the band i have selected have created.
    be yourself and dont format youself to suit 'normality' and the 'standerd' view
    by formatting youself you only rot your inner psychology - which is also seen in the vid.
    be who you are, dont mince the truth - dolls come in shapes and sizes but they are plastic, models have only one face - that of falseness.
    lies begin at home and they develop into our normal life, this should never happen and the results of self destruction is also seen in the video...
    hope you enjoy!
  15. The song I chose is AWESOME in every sense. I could spend hours just listening to the intro :D The title may shake you up a bit, though. About the lyrics, well there are a few words of wisdom ;)

I couldn't think of any artist better suited for this song :cool:

The video is ... interesting :P
  16. CTP Jass hater

I chose my song... because I like it! While I'll reveal that it is a ballad, like so many others it seems, which might make harder for this song to do well, it isn't all about winning, it's also about sharing different music, introducing new artists etc. as well. The song is a live performance on an Australian TV show. This song was recorded a few years ago now, I remember seeing the performance then, and even now, I still enjoy it.
  17. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

Words of wisdom? Well, it must be called something like "Slamp up my slampa" then. :P
  18. I'm rather disappointed actually as it sounds like no-one has really pushed the boat out and gone with something utterly insane!!! Someone needs to follow in the footsteps of Mina and I!!!

Dalida ftw!!! :D
  19. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

ROFL WELL! My song this contest ... I know (hope!) it will be appreciated by one person inparticular (maybe 2), but apart from that I have no idea how well it will do ... its very 80's!!!!!!!!!! :D

It definitely stands out from the pack anywhooooooooo :P
  20. LOL. My lips are sealed :D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023