•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Split voting to be revealed!

1. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

2. Jackeroo The Big Unit

I think the UK will be somewhere between 7th and 10th.
  3. CTP Jass hater

This is going to upset a lot of people - they wont be able to accuse the EBU of propagating the worlds greatest conspiracy theory by "hiding" the jury and televotes.

The Televoting order: (or my prediction at least).

Norway
    Iceland
    Azerbaijan
    Turkey
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Estonia
    Greece
    Armenia
    United Kingdom
    Russia

I get the feeling France and the Ukraine could be in the mix too. Last? Either Finland or Spain, probably Spain.
  4. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

YESSSSSSSSS!!!

I also reckon the UK will be somewhere between 7th and 10th :) I think Spain will have finished around 18th-20th with the televote, and Sweden finished a fair bit higher aswell. What will be interesting will be to see whether Azerbaijan or Iceland finished 2nd in the televote .. i'm guessing Azerbaijan :)
  5. Mina Member with a "past"

Just my luck...on Friday I'm leaving..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Anyway I think that either Norway or Azerbaijan won the televote, Greece was 5th, Turkey was 3rd and Iceland was somewhere between 4-6. The Uk I say 7-10. I also think B&H must have been in the top 6.
  6. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

If Azerbaijan did win the televote i'll be pretty hacked off that they didn't win overall, because imo they had by far the best performance in the final :D But somehow I still reckon Norway was the runaway winner with the public aswell.

As for last place, if I remember rightly Chiara was helped majorly by the juries, yet she still finished kinda low so I wouldn't be surprised if Malta were last with the televote. Or Denmark were also helped tonnes by the juries but they finished quite a bit higher than Malta so I doubt they're last in the televoting but maybe bottom 5.
  7. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

My prediction:

1. Norway
    2. Azerbaijan
    3. Turkey
    4. Greece
    5. Estonia
    6. Bosnia & Herzegovina
    7. Iceland
    8. Armenia
    9. Russia
    10. Ukraine
    11. United Kingdom

I only planned to do a top 10, but I wanted to include my prediction for the UK too. :P
  8. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I still reckon the UK were in the top 10, and Iceland was still in the top 4 at least, cos they did finish 2nd with the juries and they held that position even when the televoting was combined so I doubt they finished lower than 3rd or 4th in the televoting :)

OK well anyway heres my top 10 prediction:
    1: Norway
    2: Azerbaijan
    3: Iceland
    4: Turkey
    5: Greece
    6: Estonia
    7: Bosnia Herz.
    8: UK
    9: Armenia
    10: Russia
  9. Mina Member with a "past"

I'm sure Iceland was in the top 5..remember the won the semi.
  10. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

well i have news for you all - i have found the final jury vote combined and where that leaves all the countries in the final *sourced by the finnish blog god ilkhar* http://ilkar.blogspot.com/2009/05/eurovision-song-contest-2009-final.html

as i cba to make it all red anything in brackets = the final jury score

UPDATED WITH JURY VOTES!
    We can see that the top-2 would be the same but smaller margin. UK and France climb up while Azerbaijan and Turkey drop. Biggest climbers are however Denmark, Germany, Malta and Israel. Armenia, Russia and Albania drop the most while Spain and Finland switch places at the bottom.

01. NORWAY 387 (01 - 312)
    02. ICELAND 218 (02 -260)
    03. AZERBAIJAN 207 (08 - 112)
    04. TURKEY 177 (07 - 114)
    05. UNITED KINGDOM 173 (03 - 223)
    06. ESTONIA 129 (05 - 124)
    07. GREECE 120 (10 - 93)
    08. FRANCE 107 (04 - 164)
    09. BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA 106 (12 - 90)
    10. ARMENIA 92 (15 - 71)
    11. RUSSIA 91 (17 - 67)
    12. UKRAINE 76 (16 - 68)
    13. DENMARK 74 (06 - 120)
    14. MOLDOVA 69 (11 - 93)
    15. PORTUGAL 57 (18 - 64)
    16. ISRAEL 53 (09 - 107)
    17. ALBANIA 48 (23 - 26)
    18. CROATIA 45 (19 - 58)
    19. ROMANIA 40 (21 - 31)
    20. GERMANY 35 (14 - 83)
    21. SWEDEN 33 (22 - 27)
    22. MALTA 31 (13 - 87)
    23. LITHUANIA 23 (20 - 31)
    23. SPAIN 23 (25 - 9)
    25. FINLAND 22 (24 - 12)
  11. Wow, I'm so excited :D Thanks Ollie for the link.

"If Azerbaijan did win the televote i'll be pretty hacked off that they didn't win overall, because imo they had by far the best performance in the final But somehow I still reckon Norway was the runaway winner with the public aswell"

My point exactly :)
  12. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

I have thought of something interesting. We all know that the EBU has promised to reveal to us the split voting today. However, what I am wondering is what time[/B] today these votes will be announced.

I reckon it will probably be some time this afternoon - the late afternoon to be precise.
  13. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Ok my thoughts :D
    > Whew thank god the UK was still in the top 10 with the televoters (albeit, 10th :D)
    > France, 17th with voters :o OUCH! It just goes to show however famous you are you NEED a good song to impress the voters, and Pat's wasn't very voter friendly and it showed.
    > Not surprised Israel would have been last, the 2nd slot killed them unforuntunately, which is a shame because it was a nice performance :(
    > Poor Chiara, she deserved better than 24th with the voters but I can't say i'm surprised.
    > The juries screwed Malena over which is kinda weird but hey! She desereved more :D
    > Albania 11th with voters!? :o WTF!!!? (Sorry but I cannot get my head around this song :D)

BUT overall apart from a couple of cases the results weren't exactly shocking or controversial :) Anyway now i'm gonna go totally geek out on the crosstables :P

EDIT: O M F G Malta gave UK 12 points in televoting, THANK YOUUUUUU MALTA!!! Interestingly Greek voters only gave us 5 despite the fact they gave us 12 in the final.
    EDIT AGAIN: mwahahaha I know why :D Greek jury only gave 3 to Rybak :D :D :D And the Uk would have got 6 12 points if it were just jury votes :o
  14. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

WE NEED MORE 12 POINTS!!!!!!

Actually, I just noticed that the top 5 in the televoting was NOT close at all, and so for the purposes of entertainment the jury was most certainly a fun addition this year. :D
  15. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOW
    THE RUBBISH SONG NAMED BY MANY GOT 10TH VIA TELEVOTES AND THE 'PC' SONG CAME LAST HAHAHAHA
    the fact russia did well is shocking
    but overall i am quite pleased with the results *having known half of them already!*
  16. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

Guys! I am using the escnation/tummiweb voting system - the one that we use for the contest - to recreate what the voting would look like if only the televoting had been used.

As soon as it is ready I will post it! :)
  17. Arben The Flag Lover

NOW u know why albania is called a poor country...:(

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023