•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

SUPPOSEDLY, I repeat, supposedly

1. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

The German Eurovision blog eurofire reports, that Svante Stockselius, EBU supervisor, has told them that Liechtenstein can apply for a participation at the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 in Germany in December.

Liechtenstein’s TV channel 1FLTV had applied for EBU membership earlier this year but would not have become a full member in time to participate in 2011. Now Stockselius explained, that the rules were changed. If a channel is in the process of becoming an EBU member, they can already apply for Eurovision even if they’re not a full member yet. The deadline to send in the needed application papers will be the beginning of december. Due to this new rule 1FLTV and the Hungarian Dúna TV, can leave a backdoor open. They can apply for Eurovision and in case their application to become an EBU member was accepted, could participate in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011.

Last year the director of 1FLTV, Mr. Kölbel had already expressed his wish to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest with his new television channel. The EBU had orally stated their consent, but the financial burden seemed to be too big for the little channel and thus Kölbel said a participation depended on whether his channel would receive money from the government. A request to get financial aid from Liechtenstein’s government was turned down this summer.

Source: http://eurovisiontimes.wordpress.co...iechtenstein-and-the-eurovision-song-contest/ and they got it from:
    http://eurofire.blog.de/2010/10/04/liechtenstein-2011-moeglich-9520790/#comments
  2. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Liechtenstein, please debut.
    Hungary, please come back.
  3. Lilly.. Y U NO ALIEN?

Kosovo please debut, you forgot that Luis :P Hahah , jk.
    Would be good if Hungary returns and Liechtestein debuts , Hungary has some nice singers who would represent Hungary worthily, and for Liechtenstein I don't have much information , but lets see.
  4. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

5. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

The heading was for things that supposedly happen but weren't confirmed (yet), but I found one piece of news that has been confirmed by the broadcaster...

No 2011 return for our Andorra. :( Microstates, come back!
  6. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

:@Comment on this people.;D
  7. Lilly.. Y U NO ALIEN?

Yes I read that on oikotimes, bad that they won't return . They didn't do well for a while but that doesn't mean they won't in the future ( if they ever return ) , I mean sure they won't do well if they send shitty songs but its up to them.
    And for the microstates LOL, maybe they don't feel good among the other countries.

Kosovo please debut :)
  8. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Maybe the microstates just can't afford to enter anymore? Or maybe they don't care (HLO Monaco)
  9. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Can't afford it. :(

Oh dear, more concerns about withdrawals...Slovak broadcaster is having a poll to decide whether they'll stay or not. A POLL! :o

I blame Mina.
  10. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

it would be great to have more countries. one day all countries will take part
  11. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Oh Slovakia, KEEP FAITH!
    FFS, don't take the fun away for the Slovak ESC fans!
  12. Entario Junior Member

Rofl at Berlin wanting a huge inflatable tent ;D That made my day!

Too bad about Slovakia though :( I enjoyed their comeback and want them to continue participating for sure :) The more the merrier! :D
  13. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Yes, and in the future, one of those countries may be Euskadi ;)

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023