•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Top 5 - who deserved their placing the most?

?

Which one?

Norway 4 vote(s) 18.2%
Iceland 12 vote(s) 54.5%
Azerbaijan 1 vote(s) 4.5%
Turkey 2 vote(s) 9.1%
Uk 3 vote(s) 13.6%
  1. Mina Member with a "past"

To be fair, I'd like to ask people who come from one of the top 5 countries to not vote for their own country and write the country you vote for.
    And to start...I think Iceland deserved its placing the most; although the song wasn't among my favourites, Yohanna made me appreciate it and it's the only song this year that I started liking after I watched the performance in the final.
  2. Stine Mendez New Member

ROFL, I voted Norway, since I know nobody else will.:D
    He crushed them all, and the victory was so very deserved. Even though this site may not agree, at least I know most of Europe did. :D:D

PS: know you said not to, but I didn´t vote in the final, and Norway has always been my favourite.
    Sorry....!
  3. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

It was between Iceland & Azerbaijan for me, but in the end I voted Azerbaijan :) Aysel and Arash showed that with a decent pop song and a good performance, visually and vocally, you can make the juries appreciate your song just as much as the voters :)

Also Iceland deserved it alot because they gave their song a simple yet beautiful performance. Yohanna's vocals were flawless and they turned what was quite a drab song, into one of the best ballads of the years.

Turkey ... well they didn't deserve top 5 imo! But having said that Hadise did give a good performance (not neccesarily vocally) despite being ridden with herpes. Turkey deserved more 6th-10th for me.

Norway, well although everybody is going to hate me for this, I think they deserved their win. They really got behind their entry and sent a song that nearly everybody seems to fall in love with, despite the fact the song is essentially average. Plus the fact nobody can argue with a victory of nearly 400 points.

UK, well imo we deserved our top 5 100% (but I can't vote for the UK obv!)! We put in soooooo much effort and send an amazing vocalist with one of the biggest writers of the musical world. Not to mention Jade went to more than 20 countries and we never heard her say a bad word, not once! I know i'm sounding like i'm blowing our own trumpet a bit, but we totally deserved top 5 imo :)

But still .. AZERBAIJAN deserved it the most imo (apart from the UK obv!)
  4. Mina Member with a "past"

We don't know that, Jonny, we have to wait for the full results first. You see, with this system, if the jury and the public have as many as 5 countries different, things change a lot and a country who did well in televoting gains more points than a country who did equally well with juries but wasn't voted by the public;)
  5. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

I voted ICELAND. I liked the ballad the first time I heard it but something was missing. As soon as I heard it in the semi final I couldn't believe how well it had been performed. The soft drum roll at the end completed the picture and I immediately knew I had a favourite. :)

Actually, I'm going to Iceland in a few weeks and I really hope I get the chance to see Johanna. I know it's very unlikely, but I'm still going to hope! :D
  6. hmm, in my opinion Turkey was the only one who did not deserve their top 5 placing. In the contest I voted for Azerbaijan, The UK and Iceland and if I should pick one of them it will be The UK ;) They totally deserved their 5th place after all the effort they put in this year, and Jade was just amazing :)
  7. calrisle Scrutineer

I'm from the UK, and I clicked on the UK. Not to be defiant, but I really genuinely think that in a year where there was such a runaway winner, there's no disputing it's deservedness of the position it earned. Azerbaijan and Turkey simply didn't deserve their places, owing to songs with no imagination and performances with no quality. Iceland was a phenomenal song, phenomenally performed, and second to such a worthy winner is an honour for such a good job well done.

I genuinely do, beyond any patriotism, believe that the UK deserves it's top 5 placing because of the massive shift in our attitude towards the contest. We chose this year to embrace it, treat it properly, and respect it. We sent a quality song, brilliantly performed by a talented and capable vocalist.

More than ever, the UK needed the validation of a good position to secure further steps in the right direction in the coming years. More than ever, fans needed to see some points coming in just to keep their hearts from breaking.

I believe the UK deserved top five, and with as little arrogance as possible, I'd like to suggest that in a top five cluttered up with Turkey and Azerbaijan, we should've been top three. All those should, would and could remarks are definitely invalid though, because 5th place is a dream come true, and there's no complaining here!

In the top 5, 1st, 2nd and 5th were *totally* justified, and amazingly exciting!

OMG! Thanks to Anette for her super-kindness!
  8. Mina Member with a "past"

Dave,
    the reason I asked not to choose the song of your own country is because most chatters here are from the Uk and of course most of them will believe their country deserved its placing...especially after Even If, of course My time will sound like a masterpiece to the Uk people..lol...there's no way for us to know if you genuinely like the song or you're just happy you finally got a good result. If My time was Malta's song, for example, would you still believe it deserved its placing? We just can't know that so I think it's better (for the people who vote from now on at least) to not vote for your own country.
  9. calrisle Scrutineer

I fully understand your reasons behind asking us not to vote for home, just as I hope you grasped my reasons for selecting the UK. I honestly wasn't trying to defy your rule, but as I said, the countries which placed 1 and 2 were the ones which really shone and deserved their results. I just wanted to outline why I thought the UK earned it's place, too. :)
  10. Kevin New Member

Add her on facebook (like me) and tell her you want to meet her :P
  11. Mark New Member

Iceland by miles - however none of the top 5 deserved the top 5, they were all unorginal boring songs ... however 2 had great singers, 2 had great performances, 1 ... well no words to describe how bad - I'll let you try to think whom I am on about by yourself - doesn't take a genious :D
  12. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

OMG! I could become her stalker! And I was worrying about not having enough to do in Reykjavik because it's not too big. Now I'm pleased it's not big, less places she can hide! ;)
  13. Iceland - no need to explain why :D
  14. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

i voted for Iceland! i think she was the only one who had a flawless performance and there wasnt any point i could say that she wasnt good!
  15. Aaron N Moof master

ICELAND!!! do i need a reason?? :P :D:D

but tbh the only country that didn't deserve the place they got was turkey

Andorra for the win!! herpes for the bin!! :P lmaooo
  16. Kevin New Member

its Herpise not Herpes ;) :P

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023