•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Two day song reveal

1. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Hi,

A few of us had a brief chat earlier and came up with an idea to turn the song reveal process into a weekend event, rather than just confined to a Sunday evening. Since automation is now here for recap production, the recap for each edition is finished one hour after submission closes. This means we have plenty of free time on both Saturday and Sunday before the big reveal on a Sunday night.

So, the idea is thus: On a Saturday, we can play the preview clips in a random order but without any identifiable information about who sent them, thus bringing back an element of anonymity that you all liked in E2 by allowing people to guess who sent which song before the official formal reveal on Sunday. Then on Sunday we proceed as normal with the standard recap and the publication of the full songs and the opening of the voting window.

Some issues to resolve regarding this would be promos (they'd more than likely have to go) and what to do about people who send "reserved artists" (e.g. past winners only they are entitled to send, as it'd be obvious who sent them -- either exclude such songs from the anonymous reveal or just accept the fact that their song will be identifiable a day in advance).

Let us know what you think?
    Jonas Persson likes this.
  2. James ... and his things xD

Good idea, it gets my support.
  3. Julio STRANGLES

I like it it brings back the anonymity for a day which s funny case we can try to guess for a day what each one sent like back in E2, and ofc it makes it to be a bigger event, so it gets also my support
  4. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

great idea jw it makes it a weekend event i back it all the way :up:
  5. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

6. Mina Member with a "past"

I also like the idea but what time are we talking about? 9.30 pm Uk time as usual?
  7. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

It definitely gets my support and as you asked, my idea about the promos and former winners:
    The chance that someone sends a winning artist is rather small. I think only 3 or 4 winners have ever returned to the contest, so if someone decides to send a winner, so be it, then we have 1 non-anonymous song.
    Promos - if they'll have to go, then they'll go.

One question I have is: will the Saturday-show be a choice to attend?
  8. Mina Member with a "past"

On the promo subject, I really don' think it will help people guess. At least, personally, even after I hear the song, I can hardly make the connection to the picture ^_^
  9. James ... and his things xD

Has anyone ever put a gun next to your head to attend a reveal? :P
  10. James ... and his things xD

You're so predictable, Mina:D
  11. Wiggles Administrator

I like the idea. I like the idea of the initial anonymity. It's still not completely anonymous, but it gives a day of speculation and wondering. There are two eventualities I can conceive where the participant can still be deduced, that is, when the artist is a previous winner or when the contestant has held national finals. But seeing as these are rare instances, I think it's worth it to implement the idea.

Two reasons I think it's a very good idea are 1: it gives an increased importance to the recap video. It's no longer just an introduction to the voting, but brings a new aspect to the contest (I usually go straight to listening to the songs). And 2: It makes the reveal into a weekend event rather than a wait until Sunday evening (since jw's automation has made the processing quicker).

And if someone predicts a song, either by connecting the promo or by knowing the sender quite well (If for example there's a duet by Sverrir Stormsker and Russ Abbot), then good for them. It doesn't detract from the contest one bit.
    sokrates1988 likes this.
  12. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Nope, definitely not :D But I was thinking of E3, where everyone had to attend it. Now I know that it is completely different and I don't assume that the Saturday is obligatory, but I just wanted to make sure
  13. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

14. EuroCusto Member

I like the idea, it sounds great :)
  15. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

After voting in chat, the decision to abolish promos was passed by a vote of 11 in favour versus 0 against. :yeah:
    Luis DLC and NickEmpel like this.
  16. Curtis Belgium is a non country.

what about voting without knowing who sent the song? it's much fairer imo.. or is that what this is about? i'm easily confused.
  17. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

No matey, you'll know who sent it by the time you vote. You will just have a chance (if you're here on a Saturday night) to guess who sent them before you actually know.
  18. Curtis Belgium is a non country.

oh.. hopes raised just to be crushed :(
  19. Julio STRANGLES

and after the test of this edition I have to say it was exc :D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023