•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Unser Song fur Osterreich

1. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Germany confirmed seven of their eight acts for the national final in March. And what a massive disappointment.
    There were rumours that Frida Gold, Oonagh and Glasperlenspiel would all be in (all known to us for being in the Contest). But none of them is. Instead, the seven 'well known' acts are a bunch of unknowns, has-beens and alternative things. I surely hope they come up with decent songs...

The acts:

• Faun:
      A group that does medieval folk music. They were in the contest for Moldijan with Tanz Mit Mir.
    • Andreas Kümmert:
      The winner of The Voice of Germany a few seasons ago.
    • Alexa Feser:
      A German language pop singer, she's 35 and hasn't had too much success. She has said she will participate with Glück and Mehr Als Ein Lied.
    • Mrs. Greenbird:
      A folk/pop/country duo that won X Factor in 2012, but didn't have much success after that.
    • Fahrenhaidt:
      The most unknown band of the lot. They seem to be releasing a debut album called The Book of Nature and their style is described as 'modern nature pop'...
    • Noize Generation:
      Techno/house by 1 man, called Jewgeni Grischbowski... He'll need a guest vocalist, but it's not promising for him.
    • Laing:
      Electro/soul/pop by three women. Often with German lyrics and an attempt to be funny...
    You can listen to a random song by each of these seven by clicking their names...
  2. Mina Member with a "past"

Faun seem the most interesting to me from this bunch..very different.
  3. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

Faun surely are interesting like Mina said but it's no Santiano for me. :P

Andreas Kümmert has a very unique voice but I don't see him appealing to the Eurovision crowds (Not really appealing to me, either :P)

I like Alexa Feser's voice and I respect she'll sing in German - although I'd like to see what else she can do.

I've heard Everything's The Same by Greenbird before and liked it - although I get a 'The Baseballs' feeling from them and it's a niche market.

Fahrenhaidt caught my attention immediately - if they send anything like Frozen Silence, I would absolutely love it.

Noize Generation - Just no.

Laing - Interesting but rather cringeworthy if it was to be picked for a big stage like Eurovision. Seems more like something suited for a skit in a comedy show.

If I had to rank them (without knowing anything) I'd do so like this;

1. Fahrenhaidt
    2. Alexa Faser
    3. Mrs. Greenbird
    4. Faun
    5. Andreas Kümmert
    6. Laing
    7. Noize Generation
    NickEmpel likes this.
  4. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

5. Julio STRANGLES

This year is going on the direction of crap and this national selection proves it. I'm afraid it's going to be worse than last year.
    sokrates1988 likes this.
  6. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Of all the songs chosen so far, though, I'd say :by:, :ge:, :mk: & :al: are better/have more potential* than their entries last year. Plus the countries that choose earliest are usually the shit ones. Basically don't write it off just yet. :P

*in reference to :al:'s desperate need of a thorough revamp.
  7. DenDutch Well-Known Member

I've heard three artist (Alexa, Mrs. Greenbird and Laing), and I knew one before (Alexa).
    I decided to make a top 7 of the artists as well:
    1. Fahrenhaidt
    2. Alexa Faser
    3. Andreas Kümmert
    4. Faun
    5. Mrs. Greenbird
    6. Laing
    7. Noize Generation
    Bad NF, please give the wildcard to a decent artist. I'm hoping for Alexa or Fahrenhaidt (I actually like those)
  8. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

faun or alexa faser sound the best bet but nothing to get to excited about
  9. DenDutch Well-Known Member

Here are the clubkonzert artists, they will compete for the wildcard.
    • Aden
    • Alisson Bonnefoy
    • Ann Sophie
    • Ason
    • Klangpoet
    • Lars Pinkwart
    • Lou
    • Moonjos
    • Sendi Hoxha
    • Sophie
    The songs aren't published yet, and these people aren't known at all, but here's a recap of songs they've sung before:

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023