•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Voting details, & more about the song contest

1. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Firstly: Heres how the voting will work. Overall we will probably end up with about 10 countries/participants, so each participant will award the following points:
    12 points (to their absolute favourite)
    10 points (to their second favourite)
    8 points
    6 points
    4 points
    2 points
    1 point

So that means out of approximately 9 countries you will be able to award points to, 2 will go without getting points so potentially, we could have a nul points situation! But hopefully not ofcourse :cool: And ofcourse you send your votes to: [email protected] I hope thats all clear?

Secondly: Here is a list of all the participants/countries entered so far, + a couple who I am certain will participate cos their NF's are in full swing (in italics):
    Jonny --> BLACK DAISYSTAN
    Sheep --> SHEEPMARK
    Ollie --> FUSONIA
    Mina --> SAN MININO
    Stewart --> NOVA NOVA SCOTIA
    Aaron --> MOOFISTAN
    Kevin --> ÞIÐBANIÐ
    Stockholm Calling --> THE STATE OF THE ARK
    David --> DAVIS ISLAND
    Mark --> ISHTARISTAN

NB. Remember if you haven't submitted an entry yet and you're not on the list, you're still welcome to do so as long as its before the final deadline of Friday morning!

Thirdly: The contest has a new, (to be!) more informative, and professional website, which is currently being updated as I write! This is where all the entries will be uploaded to on Friday evening when they're presented. So i'll start a thread saying that they've been uploaded, with a link to the website where you can all go check them out. Here: www.escchatsongcontest.webs.com

Fourthly: The final dates.
    I've decided that as soon as the entries are all on the internet you can all start voting, and the voting will simply close when:
    a) I have all the participants votes
    b) Friday the 1st of May if not everybody has voted by then (those who don't vote will simply be disqaulified!)

Finally: Good luck!
  2. Kevin New Member

jonny, the upercase form of Þiðbandid is: ÞIÐBANIÐ ;)
  3. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Thankk youuuu :D I'll admit, the name of your country had left me utterly confuzzled!!
  4. Kevin New Member

lol :P

it uses two letters from icelandic ;) (which i have incorporated into my own language lol :P)
  5. Patte Member

since i am soo stupid i dont know how to make one of this countrys LOL
  6. calrisle Scrutineer

Aww Fredde - if you want some help then I'm sure one of the guys here would oblige - don't ask Stew though 'cuz it was all going wrong for him last night... Kevin seems to be the expert! Hit up Điđbandiđ for some help!

Jonny, my nation is Davis Island - further details to come!

:o)
  7. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

David Thank you! :D I'll add it asap! :D

Patte: If I were you i'd ask Kevin like David said, his country website is bloody amazing!! :o Btw do you wanna take part in our contest!? If so just email me the song you wanna take part with (it can't be an esc or NF song)
  8. Kevin New Member

i know, how cool are we (very technologically advanced) :D
  9. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

MARK!!! Remember today is the last full day for submitting songs so if you still wanna take part je voudrais votre chanson soon please!! Just reminding you so you don't forget! ;)
  10. calrisle Scrutineer

Hey everyone,

I've done something which should hopefully be useful in advance of the contest... Our countries TRANSLATED INTO FRENCH! Except for Kevin's, because I thought you might like to do it yourself (and I didn't know whether there was already a translation, or how to translate the Icelandic bits to English so I could then translate it to French - sorry!), so you can add yours to the list later on. :)

Here we go:

Jonny >> BLACK DAISYSTAN >> LE MARGUERITE-NOIRISTAN
    Sheep >> SHEEPMARK >> LE MOUTONMARK
    Ollie >> FUSONIA >> LA FUSIONIE
    Mina >> SAN MININO >> LE SAINT-MINAIN
    Stewart >> NOVA NOVA SCOTIA >> LA NOUVELLE NOUVELLE-ÉCOSSE
    Aaron >> MOOFISTAN >> LA MOUFISTAN
    Kevin >> ÞIÐBANDIÐ >>
    Stockholm >> THE STATE OF THE ARK >> L'ÉTAT DE L'ARCHE
    David >> DAVIS ISLAND >> L'ÎLE DE DAVIS
    Mark >> ISHTARISTAN >> L'ISHTARISTAN

Hope that's handy!

Lots of Frenchie love

x
  11. Kevin New Member

I believe the literal translation is: Les Vous-Groupe, but if you treat Þiðbandið purely as a name, then it would be Le Þiðbandið or Le Thithbandith (i think)
  12. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Thanks David :D I hope the French members of the forum appreciate it lmao :D

Its a shame there aren't any french eurovision fans, and quite surprising. I know they have crap viewing figures and all but its one of those traditional countries which you'd expect to have alot of fans, especially from the older era where the contest was popular in france :S
  13. Kevin New Member

the french don't even like themselves, maybe there are many, but they pretend not to be french ;)
  14. Mark New Member

Ishtaristan is clearly La Ishtaristan in french - pfft. of the day !! :D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023