•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Withdrawal threat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stewart SOD ME HARD AND FAST

NOVA NOVA SCOTIA WILL BE WITHDRAWING FROM EDITION 6 OF THE ESCCHAT.COM SONG CONTEST within the next 24 hours unless ISHTARISTAN withdraw. They are clearly no longer part of the website, thus no longer part of the contest. If they choose not to withdraw, Nova Nova Scotia WILL WITHDRAW in an attempt to screw up the voting.

Please make Ishtaristan (Mark) aware of the issue.

AND ALSO we have changed our flag! This will be our real flag from now on.
  2. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

Can I also point out that I am VERY annoyed with this contest. Having just begun to vote I've found out that the video to my song is NOT the one I sent Aaron. Why the hell was it changed for this crappy one instead? Seriously, this IS affecting my votes now and if I do badly I WILL be blaming people, and for good reason too.

I would like to point out that this is precisely why I think it is a BAD idea for people to be helping out in organising contests. I mean, it's not that difficult to post a few youtube links on a forum site, is it not?

VERY DISAPPOINTED! :@
  3. Marko FOR LIFE New Member

One of the videos wasn't available in my country! I noticed that while voted!
  4. Mina Member with a "past"

I believe it's up to the host (Aaron) to accept or not Mark's entry. It's not like we have EBU to make such decisions.
    Personally I don't mind but some people obviously do. Anyway whatever Aaron decides, I'll accept it and I hope others do the same. It's a contest for fun, guys..let's not turn it into a war:(

PS Chris, I liked your song regardless of the video.
  5. Kevin New Member

As far as i am aware (unless there has been a mix up) the video that has been used is not very different from the one you chose, just a little lower quality (and if so, why should this affect votes? :S). The reason it was hcanged was simply because the one you had picked did not allow embedding, and as the alternative was practically the same, it was simply changed.

If you are going to be so rude, maybe you should withdraw - me and aaron ahev spent a lot of time making this edition nice and simple, as appose to previous editions, and for you to come and insult people i find extrememly rude.

NOTE: because country blocking is not shown when viewing a video, from the UK, there is no way to tell if a video will be blocked in another country. From the uk, all videos have worked fine, (sometimes there is simply only one video that can be used for the playlist, as all the others are blocked or do not allow embedding). I am sorrry if this means you have to hunt round youtube to find a video, but me and aaron have tried our best
  6. Kevin New Member

Its up to the host to decide - in fact Mark IS a member of this site (a rule of the contest), his membership is just blocked (and not deleted).
    And as the host decides on the contest, and not the creator of this site (JW), it is up to the host to decide on Mark's participation.
  7. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

I appreciate the effort Kevin, but I still disagree with the video being changed as it is a different version of the song. :( I think that it is much fairer not to embed them into such a player if problems like this are going to arise. I hope you understand. ;)

I think I've calmed down now too, that always helps. :D
  8. Kevin New Member

could you post a link of the video that you wished to send originally :)
  9. Marko FOR LIFE New Member

KEVIN I couldn't watch Alex C. feat. Y-Ass - Du Hast Den Schönsten Arsch Der Welt, but I found it, coz I don't vote based on recap like some ppl! :(

CHRIS It's not bad, it is still official video of Ozone "Dragostea din tei" ;)
  10. Kevin New Member

I tried my best to get all videos to work, but some songs had very few videos that were not blocked
  11. Kevin New Member

Statement from Mark, the leader of Ishtaristan:

Ishtaristan will not withdraw.
  12. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

What would this site be without the drama? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HR4hp_-kSI&feature=related This is the one I sent Aaron. I liked it more cos it didn't seem to have the annoying quiet bits at the start and end. I worried that those bits might put people off voting. :o I guess it didn't really. :o
  13. Kevin New Member

lol - i don't think we could have an edition without drama :P

yep, the reason that oen wasnt used was simply because it did not allow embedding, and was blocked in some countries - the other video was used, as it was the official video (with the extened bits at the start) and was the best i could find that was not blocked in countries and allowed embedding ;) i can see why you felt upset.

This is a notice to everyone: YOU SHOULD NOT JUDGE A SONG ON THE FIRST MINUTE! (although i should think most people don't ;))
  14. Almila i am what i am

some ppl vote by recaps?who r those lazy asses lol.this contest is fun but we should also play fair guys.n that withdraw threat is annoyin even as a joke.it should be up to the host instead of kido threats.plus my voting wont be screwed if nns withdraws lol.one more thing i appreciate n loved what aaron n kevin did.video thing is not their fault,also we can face similar problems in the future.if the host keeps in touch n confirms some details be4 revealin it could be better imo.
  15. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Excuse me? Since when did I claim to decide about the contest? :rolleyes:

But fine, if you want to play it like that by bringing me into the situation, Mark is no longer a member of this site and is thus no longer eligible to enter as per the rules. His accounts have been removed and he may not re-register.

Is that simple enough for you?
  16. Kevin New Member

i never said you did claim - i'm just stating that the contest is not run by escchat.com - which some people seem to believe ;)
  17. calrisle Scrutineer

Stewart, the new flag is a design masterpiece. Simple and beautiful.

The colours are obviously the best in the world, as well.
  18. Stewart SOD ME HARD AND FAST

KEVIN EXCUSE ME YOU TURD.

THIS CONTEST IS CALLED ESCCHAT.COM SONG CONTEST - MARK IS CLEARLY NO LONGER A MEMBER OF ESCCHAT.COM THUS HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.

AND WHY, are you taking over Aaron's contest?

CLEARLY I AM NOT AMUSED.
  19. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

If it's not run by escchat.com then why does the whole eligibility criteria subject revolve around the requirement of being an escchat.com member?
  20. Stewart SOD ME HARD AND FAST

AND DAVID HOW DARE YOU EDIT MY POSTS. :P
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023