•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Wodongaria edition 18/19 preselection: Childhood Memories!

1. Liam Esterran.

In preparation for an entry shortly down the track, Wodongaria is holding a preselection consisting entirely of songs I remember as a kid, sung entirely by Australian artists!

There are 6 songs and voting can be done in a private message in 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 points please :)

Thanks a lot!

Song #1: Bardot - Poison

Song #2: Guy Sebastian - Angels Brought Me Here

Song #3: Nikki Webster - Strawberry Kisses

Song #4: Kate Cerbrano - Pash

Song #5: Killing Heidi - Live Without It

Song #6 Natalie Imbruglia - Wishing I was there (Won't allow embedding, so just watch it in youtube)

This song will be used in a future edition depending on the amount of votes I get :)

Thanks again!

-Liam
  2. Liam Esterran.

Countries voted:

Støkkanslåndet
    Villa Badia
    Lusitania
    LuLuLand
    Empelia
    The Westerlands
    Kiermakistan (Not competing, but our NF was broadcast there nonetheless!)
    Kristonia
    Custonia
    Sheepmark
    State of the Ark
  3. Liam Esterran.

Luis? Where are you?!
  4. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

In case we're not online at the same time. I'll send you a message with my votes. Never heard any of these before. Cool. :)
  5. Liam Esterran.

Gracias mi amor! ;)
  6. Liam Esterran.

8 Juries voted now! :D

Anyone else feel like voting?
  7. Liam Esterran.

Thanks Anette! :D

Since I've picked my edition 18 song already, I'm going to leave the national final open until the day of the announcement of the Edition 18 songs :D
  8. Liam Esterran.

Well, here are the lower placings:

6th: Bardot - 76pts
    5th: Guy Sebastian - 78pts
    4th: Killing Heidi - 80pts
    3rd: Nikki Webster - 84pts

2nd: ???? - 84pts
    1st: ???? - 102pts

2nd and 3rd tied on points, and the tiebreaker was decided by the amount of top marks given.

So who will represent Wodongaria in edition 19? Kate Cerebrano or Natalie Imbruglia?

This semi was really close, everyone got a top mark at least once, and only the winner never received a bottom mark. Their success in the contest aside, it was really fun seeing what everyone thought of songs that I loved as a kid! Thanks to Chris, Nessie, Este, Luis, Nick, nnnx, Kieren, Krissu, Jesus, Sheep and Anette for voting!
  9. Julio STRANGLES

sorry i only have read this post now :/ i would had vote if i had seen it more soon :/ Inspireland is sorry :/
  10. Liam Esterran.

Thats okay Julio!

My Edition 20 NF is still open? :D
  11. Julio STRANGLES

if it is still open where can i vote?
  12. Liam Esterran.

13. Julio STRANGLES

ill vote now and send to your email Inspireland votes :P
  14. Liam Esterran.

So Natalie Imbruglia's 'Wishing I Was There' is the winner! Each of these songs has a strong memory from my childhood. This particular song is the only song I listened to for about a week after my dad bought me a discman in 2001, as I was visiting his house in Melbourne and he didn't have any other CD's I liked.

Odd fact, Every song got 12 points from at least one person, so there was a real divide here. Natalie Imbruglia was the only singer not to receive bottom marks from someone, so it's no wonder she won!

Number of top marks:
    Bardot: 1
    Guy Sebastian: 1
    Nikki Webster: 2
    Killing Heidi: 1
    Kate Cerebrano: 4
    Natalie Imbruglia: 3

Number of bottom marks:
    Bardot: 2
    Guy Sebastian: 3
    Nikki Webster: 3
    Killing Heidi: 2
    Kate Cerebrano: 2
    Natalie Imbruglia: 0

Well, that wraps things up! Thanks again guys!

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023