•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Wodongaria Preselection Edition 20: A Second Chance [Semi 1]

1. Liam Esterran.

Wodongaria Preselection Edition 20: A Second Chance

Edition 19 will mark Wodongaria's 10th attempt in this grand contest of ours, and the powers that be at the Wodongarian Broadcasting Corporation have decided to invite each of the 10 singers who have participated for our country a second chance with a new song to represent us in Edition 20.

Voting: Each country's jury taking part will get one vote and one vote only. There will be three semi finals, two of three songs, and one of four songs. For each song that comes second, will pass to a "final chance" round, where we will vote on one last competitor for the final. If there is a tie for second I will pick the song I like most :P

The voting window will be until I get five votes, the winner will be declared from that, if there is a tie the voting will remain open until either the sixth or seventh vote declares a winner.

So without further pause, the songs of Semi Final 1!

Kate Miller-Heidke - The Last Day on Earth

LadyHawke - Manipulating Woman

Lisa Mitchell - Neopolitan Dreams

Message me your votes! Thanks!
  2. Liam Esterran.

SEMI FINAL 1 Results!

3 votes - Lisa Mitchell - Neopolitan Dreams
    2 votes - Kate Miller-Heidke - The Last Day on Earth
    0 votes - LadyHawke - Manipulating Woman

Lisa moves on to the final, Kate goes to "Final Chance" and LadyHawke is eleminated.

Stay tuned for semi 2!
  3. Liam Esterran.

Semi Final 2

Same rules as before!

Gabriella Cilmi - Defender

Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position

Taylor Swift - Mine

http://www.vimeo.com/13900299 <--- Song is here.

There will be a delay releasing semi final 3, it will have to wait until the songs are revealed for edition 19, but at least parts 1 and 2 of the semi will be out of the way!
  4. Liam Esterran.

Semi 2 Results!

We had to go to the first tie breaker vote to get a final result!

3 votes - Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position
    2 votes - Gabriella CIlmi - Defender
    1 vote - Taylor Swift - Mine

Patrick goes to the final, Gabriella to Final Chance and Taylor is eliminated!

The next semi will be between Janelle Monae, S.H.E, Kylie Minogue and the winner of my edition 19 preselection, and thus semi final 3 will take place after the reveal of the edition 19 songs!
  5. Liam Esterran.

Changed my mind! Rather than send a singer for two editions in a row, we have decided here in Wodongaria to exclude the singer we are sending for Edition 19.

So without further pause, Semi Final 3! Same rules again, 1 vote each, 5 juries. if there is a tie, 6 or 7 votes are required to break it, and second place goes through to the last chance round!

Janelle Monáe - Cold War

S.H.E - You Won't Be

Kylie Minogue - Come Into My World

Send me the votes however you choose! ;)
  6. Liam Esterran.

Semi 3 is over!

Final results:

Janelle Monáe - 3 points
    S.H.E - 2 points
    Kylie Minogue - 0 points

And now we have the last chance round, where our three second placers get one last chance to make it to the final.

Same rules as before, 1 vote each, results after 5, 6 or 7 juries as needed!

Kate Miller-Heidke - The Last Day On Earth

Gabriella Cilmi - Defender

S.H.E - You Won't Be

Go for it!
  7. Liam Esterran.

Well, with 3 votes straight up, S.H.E progresses straight to the final!

This concludes the Semi Finals of my contest! I shall open a new topic for the Final!

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023