•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

results for the 5th edition

1. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

ofc u arent the next worst thing after gestapo! u are even worse than gestapo! no no jk!! have u read my comment about the scoreboard yet??
  2. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

OK well fair enough you shouldn't have been kicked again straight away.

Can I just say to anybody who doesn't like the situation, talking to jw about it would be far more productive as argueing amongst ourselves is gonna get bugger all done let's be honest.
  3. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

i can tell you why that happened... and it WAS a joke! the mod who kicked u said that we should be quiet for 1 minute to honour something and u spoke... so he/she kicked you... then when u entered again the minute wasnt over and u spoke so u were kicked again...
    (im sure u remembered but we should let other people know about what u are moaning...)

so i guess it was actually a funny joke...
  4. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

kev apologies if im just slow or something - but doesnt that stand to reason??
    if u arent there then u wouldnt be asked for an opinion ...
    just a note to all - the definition of a mod is to help look after the site with the webmaster with moderation of threads and the chat and u are all right we should be all transparant and easy to talk to etc - but we are human in that respect so we have the occasional bad day at work/school or even the health scare a la mina and her food poisoning.
    hopefully that will clear up some of the grey areas
  5. Kevin New Member

well first of all - and chelsea will agree - the reason why were laughed was an incredibly funny one, and when i arrived back, the minute was infact over -as i had checked with my pc's time

it was not the intial banning that made me so angry, it was the fact when i arrived back, i asked for a reason, and then i was not given one and kicked straight away - if you were in the situation, yuo would not have found it funny (infact it felt like bullying)
  6. Kevin New Member

firstly, my name is "Kevin"

and secondly, i said that we were there, and were not asked for an opinion - ofc those who were not there shudnt be asked on the situation, as they were not there to witness it

Thirdly, it was not that single incident that made people feel ignored, it was a combination of my incidents like this where we have been "ignored".
  7. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

8. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

you make it sound like it's such a big deal! and im sure that minute was over because i remember i couldnt speak when u came!
  9. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Just like, in perspective ... does any of this petty 1 minute banning stuff actually matter!? I've been kicked on numerous occasions for absolutely no reason at all and i'm not emotionally scarred from it :D
  10. Kevin New Member

Maybe if you were in my situation, you would understand
    I did not find it was not remotely funny
  11. Mina Member with a "past"

About the infamous block voting I have suggested before to present the songs without telling the 'country' they come from. Maybe Aaron who will host next contest, decides to do just that and then noone would have a reason to complain :D
  12. Mina Member with a "past"

About all the 'banning' thing I wasn't there but what I heard was enough to understand what happened...but if you want all the reasoning behind the ban, you should ask jw. Personally I found his reasons good enough or I wouldn't have agreed with him.
    And this has nothing to do with me as a person..as a person I accepted Mark's apology (he has apologised to me) but as a mod I understand very well jw's reasons for the ban.
    And about the other ban, Kevin is right of course, it wasn't funny but that's Stew and his jokes..I'm sure he would have banned me, too...LOL
  13. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Mountain out of a molehill? I don't wanna sound insensitive but you're making it sound like you were beaten or something .. you were kicked for about 2 MINUTES!! Its happened to the majority of us at some point and we're not bothered!!!

I know I sound like i'm being a bit brash and blunt over the whole thing and I don't wanna upset anybody but let it go pleaseeee!!
  14. Mina Member with a "past"

Jonny, are you upset because San Minino did better than your country?
    LMAO
  15. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

isnt this the wrong thread to talk about these issues??
  16. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Oooooooh Mina you cannot begin to imagine, I don't think i'll sleep for weeks!!!! ROFL jokes ofcourse :D Congrats & Well done ofcouse :)
  17. Arben The Flag Lover

yay Mina, with THIS we could proove blockvoting

cause friends could tell each other their songs XDXD
  18. calrisle Scrutineer

Please, please, please!

This is all old ground and water under the bridge. I know each one of the Mods, and we're a decent and honourable bunch with good hearts. At the end of the day, we're ordinary members with extra responsibility as granted by The Lord our God JW himself.

We definitely don't seek to abuse that responsibility, and in situations where it would be considered that we have, we hope people can feel free to come to us in as open and honest a way as we would treat anyone and seek to right any wrongs.

Let's look forwards now, and move on in a renewed spirit of happiness, respect and cooperation :)
  19. Mina Member with a "past"

Well, we should all promise not to reveal our songs, or it won't work. Of course it all comes down to trust but I trust everyone on this site that they won't reveal their songs..because after all it will be very exciting when the names of the countries are revealed after the voting;)
  20. Kevin New Member

That isnt the point - the point was it was for a very poor reason (which is not the point of the power of the mods, the point is to kick out people genuinely causing problems) and then when i asked for the reson i was ignored and kicked again

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023