•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

RESULTS SHOW

1. Mina Member with a "past"

Results show will be tomorrow, Friday the 16th, at 9pm UK time. Make sure you're not late, we won't wait ;D
  2. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

3. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

I hope tonight's tense finish and atmosphere in Livestream proved why I'm such a proponent of the live video shows. I genuinely think that there's absolutely no way that we'd have been able to reproduce the tense amazing atmosphere in any other way. A scorewiz, a forum post or crosstables wouldn't have generated such suspense, shock and tension. As Mina said, the end kicked ass - long live the live video shows, I say. ;D

Anyone who wasn't there to watch it live really missed out. Sure, it's available on demand but the whole atmosphere of everyone together reacting in that way at the end, letting out their emotions and sheer shock was quite remarkable.
  4. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

That's one of the reasons why I love Eurovision. The scoreboards and how nowadays the countries move up and down etc. We do the same thing. I've heard gasps, applause in the arena and I bet some of us feel like doing that too when we see our own contest shows. And the fact that we're able to talk to each other while the whole thing's happening is a plus. Thanks big J. And long live on demand too. :D
  5. nnnx New Member

I have to say I agree with you jw, I've entered online contests before and watching the the scorewiz scoreboard was fun but there really is no comparison to the livestream videos. Being able to express how you feel, thanking/congratulating other participants is really nice and really brings a good feel to the site and makes us come together as a group.

The result of Edition 17 was so tense and I think the feeling that everyone got when Lusitania managed to grab first place at the last second was a really great feeling- everyone got really excited, I don't think you could recreate that with a scorewiz scoreboard.

Long live livestream result shows!!
  6. Mina Member with a "past"

Thanks for the show, jw and Alexis (great interval :D)...and the result shows there's hope for everyone ;D

PS Thank you, you few people with good taste who voted for me :P
  7. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

Gutted I missed it live, but the show was great. For me it was equally intense, given that I gradually slid down the table and could have finished outside the top 10 depending on the last votes ;D

Good job jw!! loved the interval acts
  8. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Can I just make it clear that Alexis gave absolutely no input whatsoever in any of the shows, hence the production credit at the end was just 'jw'. ;D

Indeed, I remember after Edition 14's semi, Este was the one who didn't qualify. He was despondent, questioning whether he should continue entering because he said it dawned on him that he would never be able to win the contest.

Pigs can fly, I guess. ;)
  9. I AGREE!

THANK YOU jw for an EXCITING show, CONGRATS to Este and THANKS to everyone who voted for SotA :)
  10. Mina Member with a "past"

Well, it was he who sang in the interval act..thus the thank you :D
  11. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Indeed the results show was amazing. It was fantastic to have everybody there and ot have a winner who we were all genuinely happy for, so Congratulations este :) Well done jw for producing an amazing show which as has already been said, simply can't be re-created, and finally thank you to everybody who voted for Black Daisystan ;)
  12. digifreak BRUNO

Well... sad to hear that Alexis didn't gave any input to the show (beside his lovelly voice) (NOT!!) :P
    Anyway... Gratz JW for another wonderfull show, and as always it was a pleasure to watch it (no matter how Atlantico Norte qualifies).

And Finally... thanks to the few of you that voted on Atlantico Norte!! :)
  13. James ... and his things xD

Congrats Este!!!

Indeed the videoshows are a big surplus (is this an english word as well?) to the hughe world of online contests. You did a great job again, JWster!!!!

Thanks to the 5 people who liked my song and especially Burger, who is currently away, but will read all in forum as soon as he gets back for sure.

See you all in Lusitania for an amazing show again!!!
  14. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

I just want to tell everyone how grateful I am for winning Edition 17. The show was AMAZING. There was no runaway winner, and with two sets of votes remaining, six countries still had a chance of winning. I am SO glad that I was there for the live show. The outpouring of congratulations from everyone when the final results were known...you can not imagine how good it made me feel. I have been on an emotional high for the past two days. My parents AND my coworkers know all about our escChat.com Song Contest, and both have tried giving me suggestions for future entries! HAHA

JW's right...I seriously considered withdrawing from the contest after edition 14. Ofc...he showed me how I was just having an emotional letdown from the results, and for me to pull myself together. I am so glad I took his advice.

Anyway, I want everyone to know how seriously I am taking my responsibilities as host of Edition 18. I want you all to have as much fun watching it as I am in helping to create it. Lots of wondrous things to behold in the program, with an interval act that has to be seen to be believed!!!

To celebrate this occasion, several companies in Lusitânia have started airing commercials to mark this momentous event. Here is a popular one right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWHOYZP9280
  15. Arben The Flag Lover

Most here knew i was on the way to albania during the votingshow time :( or i wouldnt have missed it by any chance. Anyway, now im in albania and this is my first internet acces, and after seeing my result ( omgomgomgomgomgomgzomg) i think i wouldnt have survived the liveshow :D

To este : congrats, i ddnt vote for you, but suddenly on the way to albania i had your song in mind allthetime, hope that makes u happy too:)

To jw, i agreey siamese twin

To escchaters, im with iphone which does not support flash player (chat) :( im aroznd in the fors though hoefully, see you soon and read my " 16th edition arbama preview thread" , my statemwnt came true. ;D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023