•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Romania 2019

1. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

Romania held two semifinals on 27 January and 10 February, while the final of Selecţia Naţională 2019 will take place this Sunday, 17 February (links and exact time to follow closer to the event).

Here are the 12 finalists (semifinal performances):
    1. Linda TeodosiuRenegades
    2. Olivier KayeRight Now
    3. Laura BretanDear Father
    4. Teodora DinuSkyscraper
    5. Claudiu MireaWe Are The Ones
    6. Aldo BlagaYour Journey
    7. Ester PeonyOn A Sunday
    8. Letiţia Moisescu & Sensibil BalkanDaina
    9. Bella SantiagoArmy Of Love
    10. TrooperDestin [Destiny]
    11. Dya & Lucian ColarezaWithout You (Sin Ti)
    12. VaidaUnderground

From the original 23, shoutout to Nicola’s (who represented Romania in 2003 and finished 10th) Weight of the World – dated song and awful outfit, but I love her voice. Mercifully, M I H A I decided to withdraw before the semis took place.

My ranking goes by categories:
    • Bella Santiago is nowhere near my cup of tea, but I believe she has the best package, plus I’d be chuffed if my country brought Tagalog to Eurovision for the first time.
    • I would be absolutely fine with either Ester Peony (very talented), Aldo Blaga (love his voice), Olivier Kaye (very decent for the genre), or Laura Bretan (amazing vocals).
    • I wouldn’t be ashamed, though I think we would stay in the semi, if we sent either Teodora Dinu (Swedish usual), Linda Teodosiu (great voice, boring song), Trooper (I’m a long-time fan though the song is not their best).
    • We are doomed if we go with Letiţia Moisescu & Sensibil Balkan (she and the song are awful, pity about SB), Claudiu Mirea (boring and repetitive), Vaida (snoozefest), or Dya & Lucian Colareza (my overall bog).
    Mina likes this.
  2. Mina Member with a "past"

Laura Bretan for me. Beautiful voice. If not, Ester is very good, too.

But I think it's going to be Bella.
    Anaconda likes this.
  3. CTP Jass hater

Aldo is probably my choice. Laura Bretan has a great voice, and I hope she returns with a better song in the coming years. I think this is one of the better national final selections (from the ones I've bothered to listen to the songs) and I find most of the songs aren't too painful to sit through - with one exception. Lucian Colareza. There's a special place in hell for that racket.
    Anaconda likes this.
  4. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

5. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

6. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

The winner of Romania's Selecţia Naţională 2019 is Ester Peony, with the song On A Sunday:

The result was decided by 6 jury members, and the televote acting as a 7th juror. The jury members were:
    • William Lee Adams (Wiwibloggs)
    • Deban Aderemi (Wiwibloggs)
    • Alex Calancea (Moldovan musician, composer and producer)
    • Șerban Cazan (Romanian producer)
    • Tali Eshkoli (Israeli show producer)
    • Emmelie de Forest (ESC winner 2013 for Denmark)
    Detailed results below: cats.jpg
  7. Mina Member with a "past"

Ester was my second favourite but seeing the televoting points, it's a shame that Laura isn't going.
  8. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

Its a joke the way they picked the winner, the televoters should have had a bigger say rather then 6 non romanians deciding the winner
    Mina likes this.
  9. CTP Jass hater

The squeaking guitar in the backing track shits me. Aside from that, it's a bit of a snoozer.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023