•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Czech Republic 2020

1. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

As the first of the National Finals who'll chose their song, Czech Republic has revealed their songs for the 3rd of February - they've even got their own snazzy videos and a recap! You can also vote for your favourite with the Eurovision app.

Barbora Mochowa - White & Black Holes
    Benny Cristo - Kemama
    Elis Mraz feat. Čis T - Wanna Be Like
    Karelll - At Least We've Tried
    Olga Lounová - Dark Water
    Pam Rabbit - Get Up
    We All Poop - All The Blood (Actually Positive Song)

I will give them credit, they've come up with a selection of songs that are all different in their own way and seem like something each artist actually would want to release. I'm impressed - even if some of the songs aren't my thing. I might have to listen to them again but on first listen, my favourite is Dark Water by Olga - it's probably the most typical of the songs here but it suits my tastes and I quite like it.

The recap (for those who cba)
    Anaconda and James like this.
  2. James ... and his things xD

They are indeed not bad. I prefer Karell or WAP.
    The one by Ellis is carp though and Olga's is a F ROW as merjan would say.
    Anaconda, Mina and Rua like this.
  3. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

all crap whats next :D
  4. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

I agree with Rua, very diverse selection, and quite a bit of talent even in genres which are not to one's taste. I didn't hate any of them, but I also don't have a clear favourite. I have some doubts about WAP sounding good live.
    Rua likes this.
  5. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

As one of those who cba, I have listened to the recap twice and would put my order as:
    Karrelll
    WAP
    Olga/Barbora
    Benny/Elis
    Pam

However, I'm not sure about this as I think the Latvians have very sneakily put the BEST bits as the recaps </
    Rua likes this.
  6. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

Those pesky Latvians get everywhere, don't they? Even making recaps for the Czech Republic instead of where they meant to go. :baby:
    Anaconda likes this.
  7. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

8. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Ooer. Benny Cristo. o_O
    Anaconda likes this.
  9. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

10. Mina Member with a "past"

11. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

I think there were worse things on offer :baby: Then again, I would :D
  12. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

Well, I have a few things to say:

Positives: It's something that Benny himself would release and feels authentic to his sound. I can't say I've heard many Eurovision entries with a similarities to this one and sure, it's catchy.

Negatives: I worry about his performative capabilities. It could easily sound off-key live and like any upbeat entry, needs a good stage show.

Would I rather listen to this over another shouty, female ballad from Albania and a middling, ten-years-too-late entry from Spain? Maybe? :D
    Anaconda likes this.
  13. James ... and his things xD

Live version in Ukraine:ua:

Anaconda likes this.
  14. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

And its still awful ^_^
    Mina likes this.
  15. James ... and his things xD

Revamp

Anaconda likes this.
  16. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

and yep its still awful :D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023