•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Iceland 2020

1. Ronini SHIT Taste Central

:is: Iceland :is:

Söngvakeppnin 2020 will take place on 29th February at 7.45pm.

This year there will be 5 acts to choose from:

1. DIMMA - "Almyrkvi" – Classic Hard Rock (Icelandic live)
    2. Ísold & Helga - "Meet Me Halfway" – a sweet duet (Icelandic live / English studio)
    3. Daði & Gagnamagnið - "Think About Things" - Modern Electro-Funk (Icelandic live / English studio)
    4. Iva - "Oculis Videre"– Operatic pop (Icelandic live / English studio)
    5. Nína Dagbjört - "Echo" – Generic female pop (Icelandic live / English studio)

As usual all would be better in Icelandic, not least so there is something interesting about them, yet only one (DIMMA, at time of writing) is known to not make a change. My clear favourite is, perhaps unsurprisingly, Daði & Gagnamagnið, although it is not quite as good as his last effort.

The 5 entries will be voted on by the public in two stages. The two highest placing acts from the first round will face off in a superfinal.
    Anaconda and Rua like this.
  2. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

Iceland, once again, have to make a smart choice. Stand out rather than fit-in and they can do so with IVA - not to say the others wouldn't like DIMMA or Daði would but I'm not much of a fan of them in comparison. (I hope she sticks with Icelandic - she's considered it so fingers crossed.)

I think I prefer Ísold and Helga as just a listening track but it wouldn't standout in a 41-song field like Oculis Videre would.
    Anaconda and Ronini like this.
  3. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

Daði Freyr has such a great song, definitely my favourite from all I've heard this national final season so far. I know it's not to everyone's liking, but it is to mine - though I thought his previous effort a couple of years ago was even better.

That said, Iva doesn't just have a fantastic voice, but the song is actually catchy and pleasant to listen to. I wanted her and Daði to qualify from the second semifinal (as they did), knowing full well that I would then have a hard time deciding who I'd want to win the whole thing. And I do.

I find DIMMA very dated and boring, and I agree that Ísold & Helga have a sweet song, but not as good as the two above. I personally would have picked Kid Isak over Nína as wildcard. I hope both Daði and Iva stick to the Icelandic versions, though I know it's a rather pointless hope.
  4. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

what a duff final when will Iceland stop their obsession with endless boring english snoozers. Hope they flop in may they deserve to after selecting such a boring english obsessed final line up
  5. CTP Jass hater

Because I always hope for great things from Iceland, I've had a butchers hook at their offerings. I think they should choose Dimma or Íva for the best chance of a good result. I fear Daði and assembled pals might edge out the competition with what comes across as a boring song on account of a (dare I say) Eurovision friendly gimmick. The only one I would listen to by choice at present would be Klukkan tifar, so that probably tells you exactly how much faith you should place in my opinion, although I agree with others that it wouldn't have a prayer amongst a thrusting throng of ditties.
    sokrates1988 likes this.
  6. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

CTP i agree totally i do fear dadi longstocking will sadly win with his playschool song,the final is dire though 4 english songs zzzzzzzz the wildcard should have been given to another Icelandic song but they would rather put yet another english snoozer in the final to bore us all even more.
  7. Ronini SHIT Taste Central

And the winner of Söngvakeppnin 2020 is:

Or in other words:

[IMG]
    Anaconda likes this.
  8. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

absolute rubbish deserves to come last
  9. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

Don't get the hype, probably never will.
    Mina, Teodor and sokrates1988 like this.
  10. James ... and his things xD

I'm not against this, but i miss something in the song. Just an okish song I would say.
    Magnus, Mina and Anaconda like this.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023