•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Presenting...the Kingdom of Sheepmark!

1. Okay, I know I'm going back on what I said earlier, but I don't care - you guys made this look faaar too fun so I just have to join in. When I fail my Geography exam I will know who to blame *gives evils then smiles with the excitement*

Kingdom of Sheepmark - Gonagasriikka Sávzamárku
    Motto: Beaivvadat, ovtto (Sunshine, forever)
    Anthem: Sávza soga lávlla (Song of the sheep)
    Capital: Arvedávgi
    Official Language: Western Sápmi Languages (Sami) minority: Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Faroese, Finnish, Estonian, Russian

Area: 178 km²
    Population: 8,025

Government: Reliant on self-control and moral compasses
    Religion: Neo-paganism

GDP Per Capita: $55,623
    Currency: Kruvdno
    Internet TLD: .baa

Brief history: the Kingdom of Sheepmark came into existence after a deal was struck between the Norwegian government and the Sápmi (Sami) people of Lappland, giving the nation-less people a country they could call their own. However, the bastard Norwegians neglected to mention the previous whale-hunting station placed on Bjørnøya, which as soon as the people arrived, was demolished and a program of repopulation was initiated - filling the seas once again with whales, Arctic Dolphins, seals and much more.

The Kingdom is simple but effective, taking the best values from each Nordic country and putting them into practice in the new civilization. Apart from the capital, the country is almost nothing but savage landscapes, forests and wildlife reserves. There are no cars, but many many reindeer/huskies and 100% of the country's energy demands are met by geothermal, solar and wind power!

The national sport is puffin fishing. :D

The weather in winter is so harsh that the people must wear extremely-insulated, fluffy clothing in the style of sheep (the national animal) but in summer, due to ozone depletion the weather is mild, fairly dry and pleasant.

We take pride in our participation in ESC chat song contest but are not focused on winning - merely harmony with other nations of the fantastic world :P

Ooh, and the flag :) : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Sami_flag.svg/800px-Sami_flag.svg.png
  2. Mark New Member

Ishtaristan loves Sheepmark !! :D:D

However, the bastard Norwegians

Ishtaristan loves Sheepmark even more !! :D:D
  3. Ráhkis Sávza,

Sheepmark sounds interesting. I think I'd prefer it in summer ;)

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023