•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Sound familiar...?

1. Inspired by Mini Me's amazing song "Yes" (Lithuanian NF 2008) which, as it turned out, wasn't plagiarized from a tampon/sanitary towl advert as I once thought :P as well as all the accusations of plagiarism which seem to have blighted the 2009 season, I thought it would be a fun idea to share with each other, the songs which have made us say "now where have I heard that before?"

Here's a few of my favourites:

> "King" - Natasha & Charlene (Malta 2009) watch here, compared with "Up" by the Saturdays (UK) watch here
    > "Lietuva" - Deivis (Lithuania 2009) watch here, compared with "There She Goes" by Sixpence None The Richer / The LAs (USA) watch here

P.S. I swear, Mini Me's song was stolen from an advert on TV, I just can't remember which one, there are sooo many...:P

P.P.S. If anyone posts "La Voix" or Cookies 'n' Beans song for that matter, I will end you.
  2. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

3. Kevin New Member

The start of Det' Det reminds me of Hot n Cold by Kerry Perry

and :o at that king song by natascha & charlene!!!!! its identical!
  4. Mina Member with a "past"

5. Kevin New Member

6. Kevin New Member

7. Kevin, I see your Soni Malaj and raise you "Superhero" by Alexander Panayatov (Ukraine 2009) - careful though, it's seriously scary...
  8. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Sheep!!!:o The Maltese song and "Up" are literally identical!! I know Malta have been doing rather crap at eurovision recently but they shouldn't resort to copying songs, they should follow our example which is: when you're doing crap at esc, copy somebody elses video, but not song!!
  9. Kevin New Member

omg i dno wether to love this or be scared of it and omg its almost the same :o
  10. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

On the whole I think 2009 has smashed all records in the history of esc, for having the most plagiarised songs (including NF's obv.) PAR-TAY!!! :D
  11. ROFL, but really can you steal a music video?! :P If so then the majority of hip-hop/rap artists should be contacting their lawyers (i.e. sharpening their knives and loading their guns)...
  12. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

lmao good point, and every gangtsa rap song would be a plagiat cause they've all got the phrase "smack ma' bitch up" somewhere in there :P
  13. Kevin New Member

thanks a lot sheep!

im now addicted to that song, and have been listenign to it all day on repeat :o
  14. Mark New Member

isn't La Voix a copy of a famous song called messy-door-knobs or something ?
  15. Are you illiterate or do you like making me throw hissy fits?! :P however ROFL @ "messy-door-knobs" :D

Ooh, and Kevin, it's no problem :) hehe, there is a studio version of it if you want to download it. And thank you for posting that video, the harmonies are amazing and it made me realise how much I love those 2 songs...especially "Era Stupendo" which is one of my all-time favourites.
  16. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

17. Mina Member with a "past"

Stockholm,
    that's one of my favourite songs (I'll be there) but I had totally forgotten the first notes..they are indeed exactly the same as Randajad:o..although the rest of the song is different.
  18. LOL Mina, the rest is different but the Estonians "copied" the best part of "Reach out" I think :D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023