•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

SWEDEN : Melodifestivalen 2011

1. Lilly.. Y U NO ALIEN?

Melodifestivalen announced the first 4 entries , you can find them below :

Lasse Stefanz- En Blick Och Något Händer
    Pernilla Andersson- Desperados
    Linda Bengtzing- E De Fel På Mig
    Swingfly - Me and my drum
  2. I was happy and surprised to see that Pernilla Andersson will take part this year :)

Her latest hit:

3. Mina Member with a "past"

I just listened to them. The ones I prefer are On my own and Better or worse.
  4. Mina, are you psychic ;D

Your two favourites went straight to the MF final tonight. It was like an MF show and the 5 artists sang live.
  5. Mina Member with a "past"

Yayyyy....seems like you, Swedes, have good taste :P
  6. I think this thread needs updating!

We now have 24 of the 32 songs and know which artists will be competing in the first two semi-finals! (Note, the running order of the semi-finals is still unknown)

Semi-final One: Saturday 5th February 2011
    Coop Arena, Luleå

"Oh My God" - Le Kid
    Composers: Märta Grauers, Anton Malmborg Hård af Segerstad, Felix Persson

"In The Club" - Danny
    Composers: Figge Boström, Peter Boström, Danny Saucedo

"Try Again" - Dilba
    Composers: Niklas Pettersson, Linda Sonnvik

"Something In Your Eyes" - Jenny Silver
    Composers: Erik Bernholm, Thomas G:Son, Henrik Sethsson *note: this is the same writing team behind :dk: 2010*

"On My Own" - Jonas Matsson *web-joker*
    Composers: Sari Autio Olsson, Peter Autio

"Social Butterfly" - Rasmus Viberg
    Composers: Amir Aly, Henrik Wikström

"Me And My Drum" - Swingfly
    Composers: Teron Beal, Patrik Magnusson, Johan Ramström, Swingfly

"Desperados" - Pernilla Andersson
    Composers: Pernilla Andersson

Interestingly enough I believe this is the first semi-final in MF history to contain only English songs...*edit* Pernilla's entry is apparently in Spanish and means "Despair".

Semi-final Two: Saturday 12th February 2011
    Scandinavium, Göteborg (Gothenburg)

"Elektrisk (Electric)" - Anniela

Composers: Johan Alkenäs, Tim Larsson, Tobias Lundgren, Johan Fransson

"Ge mig en spanjor (Give Me A Spaniard)" - Babsan
    Composers: Larry Forsberg, Sven-Inge Sjöberg, Lennart Wastesson

"I'm In Love" - Sanna Nielsen
    Composers: Bobby Ljunggren, Thomas G:Son, Irini Michas, Peter Boström

"Like Suicide" - Christian Walz
    Composers: Fernando Fuentes, Henrik Janson, Tony Nilsson, Christian Walz

"My Heart Is Refusing Me" - Loreen
    Composers: Moh Denebi, Björn Djupström, Loreen

"Oh My God!" - The Moniker
    Composers: Daniel Karlsson

"Seven Days And Seven Nights" - Brolle
    Composers: Brolle

"Vaken i en dröm (Awake In A Dream)" - Elisabeth Andreassen
    Composers: Lars "Dille" Diedricson, Calle Kindbom, Kristian Wejshag

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Leaving us with the following eight songs left to join another eight to make up the third and fourth semi-finals:

"Better Or Worse" - Julia Alvgard *web-joker*
    Composers: Manne Hjelm, Ola Holstad, Joar Lenz

"E' de' fel på mig? (Is It Wrong Of Me?)" - Linda Bengtzing
    Composers: Pontus Assarsson, Thomas G:Son, Jörgen Ringqvist, Daniel Barkman

"Enemy" - Sara Lumholdt
    Composers: Niclas Lundin, Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad

"En blick och nånting händer (One Look And Something Happens)" - Lasse Stefanz
    Composers: Alexander Bard, Ola Håkansson, Tim Norell

"Leaving Home" - Nicke Borg
    Composers: Jojo Borg Larsson, Nicke Borg, Fredrik Thomander, Anders Wikström

"The Hunter" - Melody Club
    Composers: Kristofer Östergren, Erik Stenemo, Jon Axelsson, Niklas Stenemo

"Tid att andas (Time To Breathe)" - Simon Forsberg
    Composers: Fredrik Kempe

"The King" - The Playtones
    Composers: Fredrik Kempe, Peter Kvint
  7. Oh, those of you paying close enough attention will realise (like I just did) that both Le Kid's and The Moniker's entries are called "Oh My God" (OMG, right? :P). In the past MF song titles have been repeated in different editions (e.g. "Stay The Night" for Style in 2003 and for Alcazar in 2009) as well as in the same year ("Finally" by Fredrik Kempe in 2004 as well as "Äntligen" - which is Swedish for finally - for Fre). So this is something quite new as you can imagine :D from the looks of it, The Moniker will be the one to change his entry's title as it has disappeared from SVTs official site. More to follow...
  8. Also, this was supposedly written for Charlotte Perrelli's comeback but due to her son's health problems as well as reservations on SVT's behalf (well, she did epically flop in 2008) the entry was given to Jenny Silver (no, I don't really see the connection either) who was last in the first semi-final of Melodifestivalen 2010 with "A Place To Stay".

The song is rumoured to be an up-tempo, modernised version of "Tusen och en natt/Take Me To Your Heaven" with a touch of ABBA. How original for Sweden. :P
  9. YOU'RE WELCOME :P

If I'm not mistaken there will be a press conference next Monday to announce the artists competing in semi-final three (Linköping) and four (Malmö).
  10. You're quite right ;D
  11. ...roll up, roll up! We have another song announced! ;D

Babsan and Christer Björkman announced live on Dansbandskampen this evening that The Playtones are the 24th act to enter MF 2011 with their song "The King" penned by none other than Fredrik Kempe. The Playtones are a 5-piece dansband (non-shock) from Kallinge, Southern Sweden, more in depth info can be found at their site here: http://www.theplaytones.se/bandet.

Fredrik Kempe needs no introduction, as the composer - notorious amongst ESC fans, especially Sweden bashers :P - of Sweden's 2008 and 2009 entries "Hero" and "La Voix", Norway's 2010 entry "My Heart Is Yours" as well as more enduring fan favourites such as "Cara mia" (Måns Zelmerlöw, 2007) and "Manboy" (Eric Saade, 2010). "The King" will be his 15th entry to compete in MF, alongside his 14th: newcomer Simon Forsberg's "Tid att andas", which will be in the second semi-final.

Stay tuned for the announcement of the full line-up this Monday and to find out which semi-final "The King" (as well as the 7 others entries already known) will be placed in.

The race for that ticket to Globen, and then Düsseldorf is really starting to heat up!

[IMG]
  12. And this is what I get for not checking my sources properly! :@ :P

"The King" was CO-written by Kempe and Peter Kvint who has written all of Andreas Johnsons' entries in MF (including "One Love" with Carola) as well as "When The Night Comes Falling" (Sebastian Karlsson, 2007) and "Never Been Here Before" (Jennifer Brown, 2009).
  13. I would translate this title "Is there anything wrong with me?" or something like that. "Is it wrong of me" means "Är det fel av mig" ;)
  14. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

15. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

RedOne *GaGa twang sound* is in the game, watch out.
  16. I promise an IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS and report for MF 2011 this evening but for now I'm HAVING A FULL-ON LOON MOMENT.

MF 2011 WILL BE AMAZING.

SWEDEN BASHERS 2 DIE.

ALL THE OTHER NATIONS IN ESC MAY AS WELL GIVE UP NOW.

STOCKHOLM 2012.
  17. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Already the first uh oh of Melodifestivalen:

Anders Fernette's song 'Don't Stop' will probably get disqualified since a demo version performed by one of the song writers has been available on various sites before the big people in charge announced everyone's entries. :baby:

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023