•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Barbara Dex Award 2009

1. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

I think we all know about the Barbara Dex Award. It's the award that's given every year since 1997 to the worst dressed participant! To get a chance to vote go here: http://www.eurovisionhouse.nl/main.php and click on "VOTING BARBARA DEX AWARD 2009 HAS STARTED"

Share your thoughts here.
    Tbh, it was a bit hard this year for me to choose. I was between Hungary, Czech Republic, Albania, Bulgaria, Turkey and Holland... I finally decided to vote for Czech Republic as I simply hate that stupid superhero costume!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Yy1KusBA4
    Use this link to see the dress that Barbara Dex made herself to wear at the 1993 ESC. She also says her opinion about the Barbara Dex Award.
  2. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Albania by a mile!! Especially if you include the backing dancers aswell.
  3. Aaron N Moof master

i voted albania just because of the green spiderman :P wtf did he have to do with the song?!?!?! :S
  4. Mark New Member

I was gonna vote for Albania ... but then I remembered the cheap awful dress from ....

SWEDEN !!

Just looks like a sheet of eslatic with feathers at the end. It made Malena look fat and ugly ( yes even uglier ) and it was just FULGY !! ... it looked like she brought it from Aldi or Poundland ... yet it was like 34,000 euros - I wouldn't even want that dress for free !! ... someone needs to give the swedes in fashion ... 2009, 2008 - eeek, 2007 - suit the song but eeek, 2006 - meh, 2005 - meh, 2004 - eeek, 2003 - eeek but that was the fashion then, but still eeeek ... maybe they just buy all the clothes from Ikea ?
  5. I really don't like this award because people just judge outfits without taking the character of the song into account - like in 2007, yes Verka looked awful in a general sense, but she was meant to in order to create the image of the song.

I voted for France :o because I didn't like the dress at all. It made Patricia look far too 'restricted' and like she had one arm longer than the other.
  6. Mark New Member

OMG !!! ... is all I can say to the likes of you now !! .... but I did vote Sweden so it cancels it all out really :D
  7. Arben The Flag Lover

lol i heard from an albanian newspaper in an interview with the composer( or was it the choreograph?) that the green spidy is her "dream" prince but because of her young age, he has no face yet and is still just a prince who takes her into his dreams....

i will vote for hungary or bulgaria...
  8. Mina Member with a "past"

I voted for Hungary. His clothes and the combination of colours were horrible:cool:
  9. But he looked daaaaamn good in them :P am I right Chris?! :D
  10. Kevin New Member

VOTE HUNGARY!

they need to win something
    (the Hungarian has demanaded!)
  11. LOL. Yes I do, but don't tell anyone :D

I think I'll vote for Hungary :)
  12. I'm regretting voting for France now :( don't get me wrong, I still don't like the dress but Patricia is so elegant she could pull of a potato sack! AySel on the other hand...

[IMG]

...just looks daft :P
  13. Mark New Member

OMG !! II LOVE YOU SHEEP !! I am soooooo saving that picture- AMAZING dress, the purple thing sucked - but look at her undies !! they go down her leg !! *is in heaven*
  14. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

Yes, you are, but I hope you're not forgetting about Igor, hmm?

You should indeed regret voting for France! She had the best dress of the entire evening!!! :D
  15. CTP Jass hater

Her dream prince is Kermit the frog? I thought Kejsi was dressed relatively normally. I voted for Lithuania, his hat just really annoyed me...
  16. Kevin New Member

And the winner is.............

HUNGARY!!!!!!!!!

Hungary have finally won something :D

Full results:
    Hungary 199
    Czech Republic 159
    Bulgaria 140
    Albania 115
    Holland 66
    Ukraine 59
    Germany 58
    Iceland 56
    Russia 55
    Armenia 52
    Greece 50
    Turkey 37
    Spain 27
    Ireland 23
    Norway 23
    Serbia 18
    Portugal 17
    Belgium 15
    Azerbaijan 14
    Sweden 13
    Malta 10
    Moldova 9
    Andorra 9
    Belarus 9
    Romania 8
    Poland 7
    Israel 7
    France 7
    Finland 7
    Bosnia 5
    Latvia 5
    Denmark 3
    Lithuania 3
    Cyprus 2
    FYR Macedonia 2
    United Kingdom 2
    Switzerland 1
    Montenegro 1
    Estonia 1
    Croatia 1
    Slovenia 0
    Slovakia 0

god knows who voted for UK, Switzerland, Estonia etc. lol
  17. Mina Member with a "past"

Congrats to Hungary, he looked dreadful :D
  18. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

I'm so proud of Gaydok.

On the other hand, Germany didn't get nearly half as many votes as I thought it would.
  19. Probably the people who can't seem to differentiate between the 'tricky' concepts of "not liking a song" and "not liking an outfit" in their simple little minds...

I think it's incredibly hypocritical that Hungary won, most of the people who voted on this poll were probably gayers, and they were most likely too busy cracking one off to pay proper attention to "Dance With Me" when it was being performed :rolleyes:
  20. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

Like Luis! :D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023