Oh and about your #3: I didn't know Luxembourg is in ESC 2015.
With the song 'Stealin' From The French'
Sorry about that. The flags look extremly similar.
Luxembourg have won more though
I haven't listened to or yet but as most people are putting first (which I have listened to) things are not looking good
(I shall listen forthwith.)
Oh my god. is just horrible. The chorus of sounds like something, whose name escapes me at the moment. (Where is Esma when you need her?) I'm not struck on either. But at the moment my order would have to be . I have a feeling they will all be sliding down the rankings with some speed. I bloody hope so anyway, because if these are the best we can hope for we might as well all give up now.
I would go for
as of 26/01/2015
- Best of this sub-standard RABBLE.
- I certainly don't object but I just can't FEEL it.
- Messy and not in a good way.
- Exc singer, shame about the song.
- Better than I expected. Ultimately, however, still shit.
Did we listen to the same version? Decidedly pitchy. She needs to improve.
The singer is indeed great, but the song will be changed. It was made that way to win FiK I suppose, Albanians seem to like old fashioned songs. I hope the new version (maybe in English) will be more modern, bilingual would be nice as well.
In my defence, I decided to skip the middle two minutes or so when I realised that the song was 4.5 minutes long. From what I heard, however, I thought she was quite good.
Either way, I might give the song a second chance once it's been appropriately chopped down to 3 minutes (hopefully sans guitar solo).
I've put myself through this again and find she is still bloody awful.
The words "tune" and "bucket" spring to mind (but she will, doubtless, not be the only Eurovision singer I am saying that about.)
Lisja Esenski; Was not expecting it to be good, but I have grown to love it
Time; WAY better than last year, and alright but not good song
Walk Along; Catchy, but in an annoying way
Diell; wanted to like this song so much, but I just don't (If sung in English will be worse)
Warrior; Nothing about this song is good
Overall these five songs will probably not be in my top 10, hopefully Italy gives us a winning song!
Right, to celebrate the New Year's Eve - I've decided to do up my ranking for all to see. I'll also update it from this spot unless the conversation continues onwards and gets lost in the sea.
1. - A song with a good chorus and potential for some interesting staging decisions. Uzari & Maimuna work incredibly well together and it's probably the most modern of Belarus's offerings, even if the rather strange lyrics could use a slight rework.
2. - Probably has the most chance to do some good this year - very accessible, catchy and it's a song that'll be rather inoffensive and could get people of all ages picking up the phone. Trijntje does a good live performance.
3. - Lisja Esenski is a song that I wrote off the second I heard it, however, I did a relisten the other day and I give Daniel credit that he's a good artist with a song that also has potential. They just need to inject some 'oomph' and I could possibly get behind it a bit more.
4. - I know I've said I thought it was too shouty but I can definitely see the potential in this song. Elhaida has a powerful voice (if a bit too showy for me) but they have the possibility to revamp this song into a very strong ballad.
5. - Warrior was a song that I enjoyed but the more I listened to it, the lower and lower it goes. Amber is very messy live and she just doesn't carry her song well - will just fade into the background.
There's nothing I hate yet which is impressive.
After seeing the comments on Albania, I really thought Elhaida had screwed up Albania's chance to do well, but I actually really like it. Belarus sounds decent in the studio version, but still, it's meh. Trijntje and Elhaida are by far the best for me.
My ranking, still on page one.
Love that song Jonny...Svetlana I mean