•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Melodifestivalen 2010

1. Eurovizz Member

Timoteij on their way to face disqualification

[IMG]

It was held a crisis-meeting last night between the MF stabregarding Timoteij, who got most of the Swedish votes during the 3rd semi final held in Göteborg.

The four female members of Timoteij celebrated togheter with Darin, who was the 2nd qualifier from this semi final as he also on beforehand was favoured to qualify from this semi. For Timoteij, the celebration was quite frankly short-termed...

Before the crisis-meeting after the show was held, Timoteij was reported being accused by Sonerud Records for having plagiarized one of their music group's songs, called "Vinterland" by Sarek. Sonerud Records has named this plagiarism issue as insulting and an abuse towards their own music and copyright. Legal actions are due to come as they now claim approximately 1 000 000 SEK from Timoteij's record label.

Sonerud Records comment "- Of course songs in the music industry can sometimes be similar, but the similarities between our "Vinterland" and Timoteij's "Kom" are too big to ignore."

Timoteij's record label also responded with "It is completely beyond me how the CEO of Sonerud Records can act and attack us like that. The songs aren't similar and I think he is over-exaggerating this. I thought we were friends. We have never heard "Vinterland" before and there is no way I would copy from a friend of mine. There will be no money transaction for his sake, CEO of Timoteij states."

Executive Chief of Melodifestivalen officially stated to the press after the crisis-meeting that a disqualification of Timoteij is being discussed. Tomorrow, he will contact a Swedish copyright interest group and even the EBU to make a final decision whether the girls will have to face the sadden destiny or not. Lastly, he states "At this stage, it seems that Sonerud Records are correct".

Source: Dagbladet.no and VG.no

[IMG]
  2. If they get disqualified, I will never watch MF again. "Kom" (and "Keep On Walking") have been the only properly decent songs in the whole contest this year and to take that final position from the girls would be like shooting a puppy.

For reference, this is "Vinterland" by Sarek and I honestly can't see any similarities apart from maybe the key (and you can't fucking copyright that); the sampling of "Şımarık/Kiss Kiss" is another matter entirely though...

In short, TIMOTEIJ FTW.
  3. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

IF it is found to be a plagiarism, what exactly happens with disqualification. I mean, do they still take part in the final and SVT just hopes they don't win? Or do they not even get to reach the final and some other song is used to fill the gap? Eh I suppose we'll find out in due course :(
  4. Neither can I, but I can see the similarity between "Kom" (hjärtat bultar pulsen slår) and "Moja Stikla" (at 0:24) :

5. Arben The Flag Lover

hmmm of which mf song refrain does THAT remind me????
  6. Bren New Member

Dreadful

What a dreadful noise - its not even a song just naff dancers and noise
  7. Just a few bits and pieces of news:

Anna and Salem al Fakir are leading the polls in Swedish media outlets such as Aftonbladet while Timoteij still have firm backing from Eurofans and aficionados of MF. Members of the press who have been watching the final rehearsals believe that Eric Saade is the dark horse of the contest, despite performing last with what is the most ambitious stage show of 2010. There is everything still to play for, especially with the 6 European juries. This table shows the number of points received by Sweden per year by the respective countries.

The now regular cover-version of last year's winner, Malena Ernman's "La Voix", will be performed in a hard-rock style.

Timoteij's second single, which will be released at the end of April, will be a dance cover version of Suzzies Orkester's (Suzzie Tapper MF 2008) 80s hit "Dansa i månens sken" and will launch their debut album Längtan. Anna Bergendahl's much awaited debut album Sincerely Yours will be released on the 21st of April as Salem al Fakir's third disc Ignore This was made available internationally this monday along with Neo's re-released debut album One now titled Human Frontier (Sweden only).

Finally, sad news as 4-time MF musical project of Alexander Bard, BWO (Bodies Without Organs), has effectively been wound down. While there has been no official announcement it has been assumed with Martin starting a family; Marina choosing to develop her art gallery and Bard focusing on a new musical project - a more rock-orientated band known currently as Gravitonas. From the most avid Swedophiles to the heartiest of MF-detractors, BWO seemed to garner universal appraise. The world is a much duller place without them :P PRAISE BE:

8. Eurovizz Member

I really can't believe Eric Saade is a dark horse, "Manboy" is an embarassing copycat of Womanizer and the chorus of the song is so weak, it doesn't make me dance at all as a dance song. Beyondly average song, arrg

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023