•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

NEW CONTEST IMMINENT

1. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

As previously discussed, we shall be restarting our music competition. This will be a fresh start and will not merely continue from the previous edition/format. There will obviously, therefore, be some changes.

We shall trial the concept of themed editions, and the theme for the PILOT EDITION will be:

A SONG IN ANY LANGUAGE EXCEPT (A) ENGLISH AND (B) YOUR OWN LANGUAGE(S), "language(s)" being all languages of particular countries, as some residents are exposed to and/or are fluent in multiple languages. Also, as an extension to the theme, you must provide an English translation of the title.

Nation names/flags etc will no longer apply so there will be no links to the past, except that songs from the past contest will not be eligible going forward. Each recap/results show will use members’ official chat names and contemporaneous avatars. (If the contest continues, it will be an interesting time capsule to see which avatar particular members had at any specific point in time.)

Wholesome and hearty song promos are roundly encouraged, if not expected.

No winning artists from members who still participate will be allowed.

The person who wins the contest will select the theme for the following contest. (This does not apply to the winner of the PILOT EDITION.)

Timings are yet to be determined, but the proposal is for one contest per month; the submission period for the PILOT EDITION will open on either Saturday 22nd August or Saturday 29th August - t.b.c.

It is likely that two songs must be submitted by each entrant for the PILOT EDITION - both of which must comply with the theme, but this is still to be confirmed. Following this edition, a final decision will be made as to whether each member should enter one or two songs per contest. Following assessment and evaluation of this edition, procedures and rules may be revised.

ALL RULES FROM THE PAST CONTEST CARRY FORWARD UNLESS EXPLICITLY AMENDED BY THE ABOVE.

For technical reasons, the PILOT EDITION will be referred to as #200 on Contest TV and, should the contest continue, the first edition proper will be known as #201.

I’m sure you are all looking forward to engaging in this friendly rivalry once more. Start searching for those songs!

BEST OF LUCK!
    Güneç Gülün, Rua, Teodor and 4 others like this.
  2. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Song submission is now open and you may submit your songs through the contest website. They will still appear using your old nation names and flags for now but those will not carry forward to the actual contest.

To submit your first song, go to the Edition 200 page.
    To submit your second song, go to the Edition 201 page.

Ignore the dates on those contest pages, they do not apply.

After submitting, please send me an Inbox message with the English translations of your song titles (indicating which translation is for which song). Remember your songs cannot be in English or any language you fluently speak.

Note: The order of your submissions matters in determining the running order. All the "first songs" will appear in the running order before the "second songs". So if you specifically want one song in the first half, submit it as your first entry, or vice versa.

Promotions should not yet be posted. Please await further news. However, you may now submit your entries!
    James, Mina, sokrates1988 and 3 others like this.
  3. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

You may post your promotions from 4th October.
    The songs will be revealed on 10th October.
    James, Teodor, mrvirgo and 4 others like this.
  4. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

You may now post promotions relating to your two entries in the Song Promotions forum. This is optional but would be nice for as many of you to get involved as possible.

It can be anything you want, a description of why you chose the song, if it means anything to you, or it could just be a picture if you so want.

HOWEVER, please don't make it obvious. You shouldn't give away what the song is, or the artist as that is against the rules can could lead to disqualification.

Lastly, please do NOT try to guess other people's songs or artists because although you might be right, it could spoil the surprise for others.
    Rua and Anaconda like this.
  5. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Following on from yesterday's BIG song reveal, you can listen to the full entries on the legacy contest website. You can hear the first half here and the second half here. You can watch the full recap on either of those links.

Work is still in progress to remove the old nation names, ignore them for now. The outcome of this pilot edition will not affect your legacy scores.

You will be able to vote from next weekend, giving you plenty of time to listen to the songs in advance. The voting ballot will be available from this thread and not the contest website.
    James, Ronini, Merjan and 4 others like this.
  6. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Drag and drop the boxes below to vote:

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023