•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Proposals! (not marriage ones though!)

1. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

But it isn't just you who decides when the contests are held. People were happy to start another contest so aaron posted the rules and stuff and it went ahead. Tbh I think you're over reacting, cos if I was in your position I really wouldn't be that bothered and I doubt most people would either.

And withdrawing because you missed ONE edition is petty to say the least.

Let me also just say, that there were 19 people who took part in the one you missed. 19 people who all were happy for the contest to go ahead and happy to take part. So why should those 19 people have waited for you to come back from holiday just because you didn't want to miss one edition? Just consider that.
  2. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

5 pages of arguement and discussion all in 6 hours rofl
  3. Mark New Member

Jonny, it's not because I missed one edition, it's in the way I missed it. I clearly stated I was going away, you all could have said, oh we will be doing another contest straight after the next one, I would have been fine then, but to come back and then miss a contest without knowing, and for another one to start, is just annoying and Aaron did tell me he wanted to wait for me, but you all insisted on rushing everything...

I'm not trying to say when the contests should be held, but once month is plenty and to have 3 ending, starting and having a whole one in a week because you are bored says a lot about your life ...
  4. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

i also remember us having the go ahead because we agreed to do a contest in a week so we dont do one this week as most of us have exams or was it just me and kots who said that?
  5. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

surely it says a lot more when u r reacting like a 5 year old, and i will be the first to saay it and MANY people will agree that the last week has been very peaceful fun and revealing (looks at kev aaron chris and stew rofl)
    u saying that defeats the purpose of the site existing
  6. Kevin New Member

I also was willing to wait for Mark to coem abck, but everyone else pushed for it to go ahead (Jabeen was also going to hold a national final but there wasnt enough time for it)

although - last week was a much better week as many of us were on holiday and this week is full of exams for many people
  7. Mark New Member

From what I heard about last week, it was the very opposite.
  8. Kevin New Member

For me, i did not enjoy last week at all - i got very stressed and became very moany and horrible - i never want to feel like i did last week again :o
  9. Mark New Member

Let me also just say, that there were 19 people who took part in the one you missed. 19 people who all were happy for the contest to go ahead and happy to take part. So why should those 19 people have waited for you to come back from holiday just because you didn't want to miss one edition? Just consider that.

Yes, but you had just finished a contest, so to have another contest in less than 7 days is just completely stupid. Seriously you are doing to contest too fast, and you will all get bored of it soon enough.
  10. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

"Its in the way I missed it?" - WTF!? You're sad that you missed a contest "without knowing" and you say our lives are boring ... :rolleyes:

The other day in the chat you said Mina had no backbone cos she was offended that you said that you couldn't stand Greeks (and she had good reason to be offended too btw), and now you're sad cos you missed a contest??? Hypocrytical methinks ... :rolleyes:

And again Ollie brings up a good point that it was a good idea to get the contest over and done with. Next week (as of Monday) I have 9 exams, so if there were a contest going on next week I wouldn't take part, but thankfully kots isnt revealing the songs until next Saturday so I will take part. And thats part of the reason why we wanted to cram one in so that we would could do one before the major exam period started.

And I will agree that last week was alot less stressful than normal. (I'm not saying thats cos you weren't here Mark cos thats probably not the reason why), but last week I had 1 small arguement which was over in 20 minutes anyway, and believe me thats alot less than normal!!! lol
  11. Mark New Member

Jonny, I am certainly not offended, and certainly not from the likes of you. I am merely annoyed. Plus, why bother rushing the contest, just wait a few weeks. It's not like you all need the contest to live... if you rush the contest, then what's the point in it, you certainly can't enjoy it if it is all rushed.
  12. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

rofl-abulously put xD
    and on the greek thing - isnt that borderline racism ??????
  13. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

if you dont need it to live then stop with the moaning
    stop offending jonny there is no need at all - when he is speaking the truth in a calm manner unlike some...
    im sure anyone who have exams this week would have enjoyed themselves more by 'rushing' than putting it in the middle of an exam week
  14. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

It ain't borderline racism, it IS racism. Tbh I can't think of many more offending things to say than you can't stand an entire nation rofl.

Mark: You seem offended. If you're not offended then you're acting severely pissed off .. and way too pissed off over something that I can't imagine anybody getting pissed off about ...
  15. Thanks for the initiative, Jonny (though a marriage proposal would have been even more exciting) :D

Contest’s are held on the 1st and 15th of each month. And those are the days when the submission period opens, NOT when the songs are revealed.
    - I think this is a great idea :)

We could also have themed contests. Like for instance, in one contest you have to send a song not in English, or we have to send a song from a certain region of the world etc. Would that make it more interesting?
    - I like the idea of sending a non-English song but I'm not sure if I could cope with 20 ballads in a row :o

Also as we get more and more songs, I think it may be an idea to make the recap go back to front.
    - They did in the 2002 ESC. For me it wouldn't make any difference. I could manage without a recap, but I'd prefer to have one :P

Which brings me on to the running order. At the moment the songs are presented in the order that they're submitted to the organiser, which is all good but it means the quick people who are good children and send their entries in first, lose out and get a bad running order, whereas the slow unorganised people get a good one lol. So maybe we could do something about that aswell.
    - Yes, a draw please like last time. (I wasn't the last person to submit a song ;) )
  16. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

jonny that was a rhetiorical question rofl ><
    ty PC police :D xD
  17. Mark New Member

Ollie: Trust, me I am calm as a cucumber and Jonny doesn't speak the truth, he speaks what he think's is the truth, he alway's thinks he is right and if anyone disagrees with him then he always diplomatical debates to stop that other person, and to gain more people on his side. Now that is the truth.

Who said you needed the contest rushed or in exam week, you could have waited 2 weeks.

Jonny: Yes, I hate many Greeks, they are too patrotic and arrogant for their own good, and also too patrotic that a lot of them are racist too. So what comes around goes around. I know that Mina has some of her greek nationalist views, so she is racist too... and yes I am pissed off, but not just with the contest, but how it is run, and by whom it is run, like the site. Well mainly chat... but still.
  18. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

ROFL I'm such a tard :P

Anyway thanks for the feeback stockholm :) And yeah 20 ballads in a row could get kinda depressing come to think of it rofl :P
  19. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

wow mark - sylvia night moment much? LMFAO
    are you saying jonny brainwahses or somethign? because i have my own views and it happens to be the same as his im one of his and minas 'minions'
    pfft. stop being propoganderous please :)
    stop the racism now or jw will just ban u off the site, racism is not accepted here
    PATRIOTISM IS NOT RACISM
  20. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Mark I speak what I think is the truth yes, as does anybody! And if I believe i'm right I will fight my corner until I am disproved as wrong, thats just the way I am and in my opinion defending myself if I think I am right is more respectful than resorting to personal insults and such.

And you say I debate .. well yes I do as a matter of fact, and whats wrong with that? Surely debating properly is better than arguements where people resort to personal insults ... or not?

And i'm not even gonna comment on the one you addressed to me because it's just ridiculous.

And at the end of the day (to finally settle this) we held a contest because we wanted to hold a contest. You were away, you missed it, get over it. Its all very well saying "well you could have waited etc", we didn't want to, so we didn't. Move on.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023