•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Sakis' interview

1. Mina Member with a "past"

That guy never stops amazing me with his kindness. He gave an interview to our reporters and when asked about Rybak he said 'noone could stop him...and don't start talking about juries and stuff..Europe loved him and his song, that's why they voted for him'.
    When a reporter asked him 'so do you think Fairytale was the best song of the contest?' He said 'what does bad song and good song mean? Who can judge if a song is good or bad? Only the people who vote for it...and Alexander touched people with his song and he won all Europeans' hearts...it wasn't just the song, it was him, the presentation and everything we lived with him, he's a charismatic guy..if only the song counted, eurovision would be a radio show'.
    When asked who he would vote for he mentioned the Uk, France, Norway, Azerbaijan, Iceland, Malta and Spain.

It's obvious he's very sad he didn't win or at least get in the top 5 but he handles it so gracefully you have to love him. And most of all he's not looking for excuses (juries, conspiracies and so on) and I appreciate that very much.
  2. Mark New Member

What a diplamatic boring and fake answer ... at least with Rybak he has the balls to say he thinks he is the best ...
  3. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Is that Mark defending Rybak!? :o :o Mark are you feeling OK ... have you got a temperature? This is very strange!! :S :D
  4. Mark New Member

No - I simply stated Rybak is better than Sakis ... but both have awful nose's :D:D
  5. Stine Mendez New Member

LOL, he doesn´t just think he´s the best in ESC 2009, he thinks he is the best. Period. :D:D:D

Anyway, even if Sakis didn´t mean that stuff, I agree with Mina. It was a graceful way to lose. He probably knew people would just think less of him if he dared to question the results.
  6. Mina Member with a "past"

It's not fake, that's how Sakis is and he has been like this for 19 years. He's a really kind person..but of course you know him more than me..after all you've watched him in TWO eurovisions...
    And by the way, he didn't have to say all that, he could say 'Rybak won fair and square' and leave it at that. Noone would accuse him and noone did in Greece...we all love him.
  7. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I think for whatever reason he said it, its good that he did say answers like this. As alot of artists do, its easy to blame the sound equipment, the organisers, the camerwork etc, but people have alot more respect for somebody who says "I tried my best, and I couldn't have done any more". :)

At the end of the day whatever the Greek media or public think, or whatever Sakis thinks, 7th is a very very good placing, bearing in mind that 50% of the result was decided by juries. Also to go from 4th in the semi only to 7th, is very good considering the jury percentage, and that countries often drop alot more than 3 places from their semi position to their final position. :)
  8. Mina

Thanks for telling us. Sakis comes across as a very nice person ;)

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023