•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Shermantide 2022

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH

SHERMANTIDE 2021 STARTS ON SUNDAY
    Anaconda, Merjan and sokrates1988 like this.
  2. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

I would like to invite you all to the OPENING NIGHT of SHERMANTIDE 2021 on Sunday 28th March at 21:00 WIM (and don’t forget the clocks have gone forward so don’t cock it up).

As Shermantide 2021 approaches, I would like to give you some information about this year’s extravaganza.

This year, there are more, different types of question, which are sometimes less reliant on things like Wikipedia, and which are easier to guess or work out. I hope this will make many of the quizzes/games more inclusive. There are (I think) fewer picture clues - although there are still some - so people whose photos don’t upload particularly fast will, at least, be at a disadvantage for fewer questions, but some of these will be ‘answer in private’ questions so you will get a chance to answer some of them even if you are delayed a bit. (You know how I struggle with an onrush of private answers, so do bear with me.)

As all (or most) of the questions have been written long before the season began, I will not know what type of questions work well or don’t work. It may be that, after one or two ‘nights’ featuring a particular type of question, it is clear that they are too easy/difficult/complicated and are not entirely successful, but it is doubtful that I will be changing them for future nights, so I’m afraid we will just have to put up with them, chalk them down to experience and put them on the “Don’t Use Again” pile.

I think I have included all the songs that have been requested (except for Pedro’s two from Margaret; the less said about those the better). They might not be on the night you sent them for (if we had too many, for example) but they are there somewhere. If they are on a different night e.g. if you sent it as a Guilty Pleasure but it appears in a Country Night, I will make sure everyone knows it was your Guilty Pleasure <<

Lastly, the Nights will not be happening in the order they were produced, which I tend to forget when I’m producing them and so may explain how a type of question works several times, or may think I’ve talked about something already, because I had when I was producing the quizzes but they have appeared in a different order.

MSHFA

Do have fun during the Shermantide Season or, as the waitress in a restaurant by St Stephen’s Basilica in Budapest said: Enjoy! </

adamacs, Anaconda, CTP, James, Julio, jw, Mina, Pedro, Ronini, Rua, sokrates1988, Teodor
    Rua, James, Anaconda and 1 other person like this.
  3. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

Thank you very much for all your work, jan << Everything sounds very exciting and I am looking forward to it!
    Merjan likes this.
  4. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Also don't forget this year's main event: Shermantide Live.
    James likes this.
  5. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

There is a VERY SPECIAL Shermantide Live routine I’ve been rehearsing so you had all better be there </
  6. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

I Like Sex to the tune of I Love Europe will feature in Shermantide Live 2021 :D

I have been practising it for WEEKS
    sokrates1988 likes this.
  7. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

I am doing Shermantide 2022.
    James likes this.
  8. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

We all knew you wouldn't let us down
    James likes this.
  9. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

<<
    James likes this.
  10. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

If you all play your cards right, I will sign up to host Shermantide for (at least) the next 10 years! <<
    James and jw like this.
  11. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

I propose that this thread be locked until nearer the time so nobody can come in and claim MY hosting rights to Shermantide 2022 because, rest assured, I AM HOSTING ALL OF THEM.
    James likes this.
  12. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Ok Janet. As you wish.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023