•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

SWEDEN : Melodifestivalen 2011

1. And it is now official that "Don't Stop" by Anders Fernette (written by JC Chasez of *NSync, Carl Falk and Kristian Lundin) has been disqualified for being made available to the public as a demo prior to the competition. Anders Fernette and the writing team have one week to find a suitable replacement entry (presumably if they are unable to SVT will use of the back-up entries). An official announcement will be made next Monday.

For the full report and more, here's the original article: http://svt.se/2.121594/1.2250114/
  2. Here's a little teaser for those of you who can't wait until later this evening...ladies and gentlemen I give you SHIRLEY'S ANGELS! :P

[IMG]
  3. LOL Sheep, I was just going to post a link to the demo version of "Don't stop" but you beat me to it ;D

Nice to see Linda Sundblad in MF. A year ago I wrote in this forum that she would probably be the 4th wildcard, which didn't happen of course.
  4. SHEEP, you beat me to it again :o
  5. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Here are all the songs in a list (the person's uploading all national final performances so as time goes by you might have to scroll down to find them)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EscHouse

The ones that passed were

Straight to the final: Danny - In The Club and Swingfly - Me And My Drum

Second chance: Pernilla Andersson - Desperados (the only song in Swedish tonight) and Jenny Silver - Something In Your Eyes

The eliminated ones were Rasmus Viberg - Social Butterfly, Jonas Matsson - On My Own, Dilba - Try Again, Le Kid - Oh My God
  6. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Of course Anette will be performing under her stage name Babsan. She sprinkled some good luck on that pink wig.;D
  7. Oh, you recognized me ;D
  8. Some interesting* facts about the songs and the show tonight from an article on Poplight.se.

1. Måns Zelmerlöw has been spotted about the arena this week as he has been helping Loreen with her performance and giving her tips on how to improve.
    2. Anniela's song "Elektrisk" exists in both Swedish and English language versions. If she should win guess which you'd be hearing at Eurovision? :P
    3. However, Anniela has been having some major problems with her voice during rehearsals as she has been suffering from a cold. Luckily, 2010 participant NEO has been on hand to help as he too suffered the dreaded nightmare of being ill whilst competing with his song "Human Frontier".
    4. The spinning platform Sanna Nielsen uses in her performance is from the Ark's stage show for "The Worrying Kind" in 2007. Similarly The Moniker will be using the runway from Charlotte Perrelli's 2008 victor "Hero".
    5. The press are not happy *non-shock* saying that the line-up this week lacks the modernity demonstrated by the songs in the Luleå deltävling.
    6. The bookmakers' favourites are: Brolle and the Moniker to go Direkt till Globen!

You can tune in at 8pm CET (7pm for the UK) here to watch tonight's semi-final in action!

*well, I find them interesting :P
  9. The show's over and for those of you who haven't watched/don't know the results - look away now!

To the final: "I'm In Love" by Sanna Nielsen and "7 Days And 7 Nights" by Brolle!
    To andra chansen: "My Heart Is Refusing Me" by Loreen and "Oh My God!" by The Moniker.

5th "Like Suicide" by Christian Walz
    6th "Elektrisk" by Anniela
    7th "Ge mig en spanjor" by Babsan
    8th "Vaken i en dröm" by Elisabeth Andreassen

(you can click on the song titles to see the live performances!)

My personal opinion? YAY FOR SANNA! :D Brolle deserved a final spot based on his incredible vocals and that he didn't rely on a backing track. Loreen was amazing and really should've won but what can you do? :P The Moniker was horrendous, please don't vote for it in AC, Sweden. I loved Christian Walz' song but he killed it live. Anniela was so good, even with the cold! Babsan was surprisingly enjoyable! :D And poor Bettan...a Eurovision legend deserves more than that. For shame Sweden, for shame.
  10. Mina Member with a "past"

I like Sara Varga but I guess no luck :(
  11. Mina Member with a "past"

My prediction: either Eric or Sanna will go to Germany.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023