•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Tiralonian participation

?

Does Tiralonia's participation in the EscChat Song Contest bother you?

Yes 4 vote(s) 16.0%
No 18 vote(s) 72.0%
I don't care 3 vote(s) 12.0%
  1. Entario Junior Member

2. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

You're not unwanted.
    Entario likes this.
  3. Julio STRANGLES

obv not, you should still take part, best wishes from Inspireland to Tiralonia and we do wish to see you back on next edition, cause after all we debuted on same edition, so as friendly nations we do want you in contest.

all the best

Inspireland.
    Entario likes this.
  4. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

We, Empelia, are shocked by these Tiralonian thoughts. We do want you in the contest. Even though Empelia doesn't always vote Tiralonia, we like your country.
    We hope to see you in the amazing ESCChat Song Contest in #24 and many editions more.
    We think you should never give up trying, and besides that, results aren't the most important thing, fun is!

Empelia
  5. Entario Junior Member

We know results aren't the most important thing of course. :) We still however feel that the music is (and still should be) the most important thing about this contest! Thank you for the feedback :)
  6. Ofc we want you in the contest ;)
  7. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

oops i clicked yes, but i meant no XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
  8. TheSamiad Dhakan

I agree whole heartedly. It should be about the music. You only have to look to the semi final results of contest 23 to see that it really IS all ab...oh shit, no, wait, it isn't. The only time I have genuinely seen one of the contests be totally about the music was when Davis Island gave Esterra (formerly Lusitania) 12 points for Lady Antebellum, which at the time was the equivalent of Palestine entering just to give Israel their 12.

No one can deny that which nation a song comes from has a bearing on their votes. Threats to withdraw from the contest have gone on since the second edition, granted I don't think any have been so elaborate, so congratulations for that, but generally a threat is just that and rarely have there been nations who actually withdraw, certainly not permanently. It would be sad to see Tiralonia withdraw, as it would be sad to see any nation withdraw, but Dhakan would respect their decision.

Not that you were referring to the Dhakanian voting habits of course.

I look forward to your continued participation in the contest and, Tiralonia having never done anything to even remotely insult Dhakan, to awarding your chosen song points based on merit and merit alone.
  9. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Margaret Jong-Mussolini would shed a tear if Tiralonia were to leave the contest, then she would murder several innocent children to ease her pain.

Please, think of the children.
    Scheeples likes this.
  10. James ... and his things xD

Pff ents, don't be a bad loser. Keep participating as you did before ;). I clicked yes, because as a protest for this threat, so not because i want you to leave. Full stop.
  11. DJ Balkan Ramadanske♥

Don't leaveeeeeee Entario please! Everyone has different tastes remember. The world would be so boring if everyone had the same tastes.. Everyone's personality is unique! Please rethink and continue staying in this fantastic contest :P
  12. Entario Junior Member

The staff at RTBT is shocked by this claim.

The executive supervisor states: "Sore loser? This has nothing to do with being a sore loser what so ever. Re-read the statement thank you. We are very sorry that Jamoukovia feels this way about Tiralonia, and we are even more sorry for their answer to our open poll

Thank you for your time"

(To clarify and summarize the entire reason for this poll and thread. Tiralonia enjoys the contest a lot and the different tastes of the participating countries just adds to the excitement of course. The worrying was a result of rumous floating around of countries deliberately choosing not to vote for other countries played by people of whom they did not like. Tiralonia still to this day firmly believes that the contest should be about music and not personal affairs and bitching that might occur in the Chatroom) :)
  13. Liam Esterran.

Wodongaria has no issue at all with a Tiralonian participation. We do not have anything against Tiralonia, and would like to make sure even though Wodongaria has only given 1 point to Tiralonia, it's mainly because at this point Tiralonia is yet to send a song that we enjoy. However, Parla Con Me almost got points from Wodongaria and would have been somewhere from 11th to 14th.

It is true that Wodongaria's votes have traditionally gone to a few different people, and quite often they are allies of Wodongaria, however, it is more the case of becoming friends with them over shared taste in music than voting for friends over songs.

For example, We consider Inspireland to be among our good friends, yet since our music tastes have yet to gel and yet they have only received Wodongarian points twice.

If you want to win, try sending something different, if you want to be true to yourself then consider the fact that not many people share your taste perhaps?
    Nessie and NickEmpel like this.
  14. Entario Junior Member

True words from Wodongaria. The main reason for Tiralonia's concern was that personal affairs would overshadow the music, in the contest. :)

We have no problem with the voting, since our main reason for participating is basically to share our wide array of musical styles with the rest of the world, and also enjoy a wide array of musical styles from the fine countries around us.

Good luck in the 23# Final :)
  15. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

True words from Wodongaria indeed. Though I was present in chat when the word 'shitlist' appeared. You, Martin, and I know who said it. I was shocked to see you took this so personal when it was obvious nothing was meant this seriously.
    I would say it is just a bit of overreacting coming from Tiralonia here. Pick yourself up, and let's go again in #24!
    TheSamiad likes this.
  16. Entario Junior Member

*Sigh* Thread closed from here. I simply refuse to take more bashing. I explained what I felt and nothing more, and I stand by it 100%, no matter what people think.
  17. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

None of that was meant to be bashing and you know it. I simply expressed how I saw what happened in chat at that very moment. We have 34 participants and to think about a withdrawal because of a comment of 1 single chatter seems overreacting to me.
  18. Entario Junior Member

Well to me it's obvious this isn't getting anywhere other than me being told I overdramatize things and that I am wrong. I'll try not to be in the way anymore.

Over and out.
  19. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

BACK TO THE TOP JUST TO SCARE YOU :P
    MagicGianluk likes this.
  20. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Wish I could change my vote in light of the 'evidence' :(
    Scheeples likes this.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023