•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

[UPDATED] Audit of results

1. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Hi,

I have audited the results of Editions 1 to 6 of the escChat.com Song Contest and as a result of improper tiebreak resolution, some positions have been changed. :o

Edition 1

Pidbandid goes down a rank from 7th to 8th.
    Black Daisystan goes up a rank from 8th to 7th.

Edition 4

State of the Ark goes down a rank from 5th to 6th.
    Pidbandid goes up a rank from 6th to 5th.
    Stokkanslandet goes down a rank from 8th to 9th.
    Fusonia goes up a rank from 9th to 8th.
    Serduchkia goes down a rank from 14th to 15th.
    LuLuLand goes up a rank from 15th to 14th.

Edition 6

Nova Nova Scotia goes down a rank from 17th to 18th.
    San Minino goes up a rank from 18th to 17th.

Contests 7 onwards featured automatic tiebreak resolution systems while the contests were running, so should not have any errors.

Hopefully new scoretables will be provided soon to reflect the changes. They're only minor, but they provide consistency by using the same tiebreak resolution system for all editions.

This concludes the results of the Furnyland official audit. :)
  2. Mina Member with a "past"

HA! Take that, Stewie :P
  3. CTP Jass hater

Thank you very much. But still my best result! :)
  4. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

This pleases me greatly.

This however, does not.
  5. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

There should be an Anti-FoF rule that over-rides all other tie-break rules.

Woo-hoo for hyphens! :D
  6. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

I would naturally support such a rule. But that would make Ollie the winner of #1, ew. :P
  7. Stewart SOD ME HARD AND FAST

Ew @ Ollie.
  8. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

AN ADDITIONAL AUDIT HAS BEEN CARRIED OUT ON THE 2ND EDITION.

San Minino has given two lots of 4 points! 4 to Pidbandid and 4 to Black Daisystan. This is naturally unacceptable. As noone likes Kevin anyway, the 4 have gone to BD and 3 go to Kevin. As such, her 3 to Stokkanslandet becomes 2, her 2 to Hatican City becomes 1 and Davis Island misses out.

This consequently means:

Hatican City goes down a rank from 10th to 11th.
    Black Daisystan goes up a rank from 11th to 10th.

On another note, I audited Editions 7-12 for completeness. As expected, 7-10 which featured the video scoreboard had no errors whatsoever. It seems that Chris might've made some errors when copying the data for the Edition 11 scoreboards though. These are outlined below:

Edition 11 Semifinal:

He wrote that Wodongaria got 8 points from Cosmos. This is wrong. 8 points were to Violet Passport. Wodongaria got nothing. It doesn't affect the qualification places, but it does mean that Wodongaria has 8 points too many, and VP has 8 points less. It also means that Jacuvia, Hatican City and San Minino drop places.

Additionally, Chris ranked himself (Hatican City) lower than San Minino in the 11 semifinal scoreboard, but that's incorrect because the scores were tied but HC received votes from more participants than SM. So Hatican City should be above San Minino.

Edition 11 Final:

Barborderlos' 8 and 10 points were mixed up. The scoreboard shows 8 to Hexelbourg and 10 to Safinette, but it should be 8 to Safinette and 10 to Hexelbourg. It doesn't affect the places however.

That's me done with the audits now :P Replacement scoreboards will be presented in the next few days.
  9. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

You just want me to drop loads of places. :P

On a serious note, thanks for pointing out the errors. I did audits on them myself but I obviously missed some from contest 11. Probably because I just had a big text file and no graphic scoreboard.
  10. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Yeah, no worries, it's understandable for #11 because as you said it was just plain text with no graphical representation of the data. :)
  11. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

New scoreboards for all the editions have been sent to the Contest Killer in Black Daisystan for processing :D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023