•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Updated info: Black Daisystan

1. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

As sir este requested, here is the updated thread on the glorious anus shaped nation known as Black Daisystan :D

Geographics.
    Black Daisystan is one of the southern-most countries in the continent of Avalon. The climate is mostly hot and humid with a long rainy season and which often causes flooding problems. The country is mostly covered by a huge dense forest, backed by mountains towards the northern border, huge flood plains across the centre of the country, and large sand dunes in the south along the coast.

Culture
    There are two languages spoken in Black Daisystan, Franglais in the south, and Belarusian in the north & central regions. However most residents are fluent in English as it’s the only language both parts can communicate in with understanding. There are also numerous other tribal languages spoken by tribes deep in the jungle however the government doesn’t recognise them.
    The southern half of the country has a very westernised culture created from non-native Irish, Belarusian and French settlers, however this represents a small portion of the population and the majority still have a tribal and traditional culture.

Economy and development.
    Whilst the cities along the southern coast are on the whole very developed, as a whole the country is quite under-developed. This is mainly due to the fact that most of the population still live in tribes amongst the jungle where healthcare, education etc is practically non-existent, and has been completely ignored by the government.
    There isn’t much cash flow in and out of the country, with the country having a very closed economy due to the regime of the government and strict rules on exports and imports. The country is generally self-sufficient however relies heavily on international aid during the rainy season due to the floods caused by the rivers which cross the huge flood plains which are home to many citizens.

International relations.
    Black Daisystan is bordered by Fireflance & Sheepmark which despite severely restricted border controls, the countries have very good relations. However despite this Black Daisystan does not engage in many peace talks/international meetings as the government deems them unnecessary and pointless. Because of restrictive borders immigration in and out of Black Daisystan is very rare, however an exception being the extremely high amount of Black Daisies that live in Lusitania, for an unknown reason.

General Info.
    Capital: La Minske
    Population: 175,745.5
    Governmental set-up: Dictatorship (OBVIOUSLY!)
    National anthem: "Et cetera" (The law states that each citizen must have heard the national anthem oh so many times)
    Leader: Sir Jonny I
    Languages: Franglais, Belarusian
    Drives on the: **not enforced**
    Currency: The Black Daisy (however people tend to use the £ as the BD isn’t very strong)

PICTURE GALLERY!

Native Black Daisy (isn't she just adorable!? :D):
    [IMG]

National dish (Tikka Masala ready meal from sainsburys :D)
    [IMG]

La Minske, isn't it just beautiful!?
    [IMG]

Our very persuasive tourist campaign
    [IMG]

And so you don't die of depression from the previous pictures, heres the forest in which the natives live ... rumours are they eat their children for breakfast, and they're where Carola's family roots lie :D
    [IMG]

:D
  2. I cannot actually say this enough...

ROFLMFAO-OL!!!
    :D :D :D
  3. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Jonny!

OMG! Excellent use of photos! I need to get to work addingsome to my info.
  4. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

OMG!! its all so funny!!! i definitely love my neighbours so far!!!
  5. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Glad you all liked our tourist campaign :)

So far the campaign has had a very positive affect on numbers, as numbers doubled in the 2008-2009 season! We spoke to all the visiting tourists and asked them what they thought of the country, and overall they were very positive, both of them! :D :D
  6. LOL, the king and I didn't want to be rude :)

Joking aside, we had a great time in BD ;) I specially liked the forest and the river. We even met some Swedish speakers who were related to Carola :D

Amazing national anthem !!!
  7. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

haha glad you enjoyed it ofc :D
  8. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Now its time to tell you about the ultimate music festival throughout the whole of Avalon, the one and only ...

[IMG]

Hosted in Black Daisystan every year, the Commuvision song contest is organised by the Black Daisystan government, to say thank you to the hard workers of our glorious nation. By far the highlight of Black Daisystan musical calendar, it expresses the wonders of communism, through music :D

(And PS, its like totally not a cheap communist rip off of the eurovision song contest)

The voting system is very simple. The winner is decided by a jury, consisting of a) Sir Jonny of Black Daisystan, b) Sir Jonny of Black Daisystan & c) Sir Jonny of Black Daisystan. The jury give 12 points to the song they like the most, 0 to the one they like the second most, 0 to the third most and so on and so forth. The contest is often praised by the government for its fairness and democratic voting procedure.

And now some pictures of our glorious wonderful event :D

The stage this year was one of the most impressive we've seen, and used up every LED reserve in the country:
    [IMG]

McDonalds sponsored the even this year with their new lucrative advertising campaign:
    [IMG]

And the Audience were very enthusiastic this year:
    [IMG]

And world superpower leader Kim Jong Il watched from his own private viewing box:
    [IMG]

So Black Daisystan invites you all to come to the one and only, commuvision song contest!! :D
  9. Fantastic news :D but when will this glorious event take place :S

I hope it won't clash with our ...
    [IMG]
  10. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Oh no don't worry :D The BD government makes sure that it doesn't clash with Rock out due to the fact that most BD residents watch Rock Out illegally via satellite, despite the fact that watching any form of foreign tv is declared a crime against the leader and illegal :D So if the two events were held at the same time it would be a ratings disaster for Commuvision :P

And as for when its held .. well it varies from year to year .. basically whenever the leader feels like it :D
  11. LOL, that's a relief :) as for obvious reasons our king will be tied up during our festival :P We can't wait to visit BD once again :rolleyes:
  12. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

After discovering video-technology, and the "you tube", Black Daisystan is moving up in the world and have created their first ever animated advert. :D Third World TV proudly presents Black Daisystans newest tourist advert, aiming to show you the highlights of Black Daisystan, hosted from their very own youtube channel :D

13. ROFLMFAO-OL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL!!!!!!!!!!

OMG that's just brilliant LOL :D I actually cried I laughed so hard!
  14. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

its everwhere no one wants to go - the ultimate tramps holiday and its all for free ;)

amazing work dear poverty xD
  15. Kristiina sxesov q.f

Omg no iceland anymore - my new love is black daisystan!!! :D:D:D:D
  16. Just as I remember it - AWESOME :P
  17. Stewart SOD ME HARD AND FAST

ROFLMAO

When Hadise popped up, I actual choked with laughter...

AMAZING JONNY!
  18. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

hehe the BD tourist board is glad the advert went down well :D Thanks guys :D
  19. Dingo "Who's Online" page Fan#1

This was fantastic! I am tempted to visit- for one I could roll around on an office chair in all the empty buildings, or use them as a paintballing arena; and two, did I spot an abandoned Ferris wheel at ~0:32 & ~0:46?.. I sure think I did!! =D
  20. Dingo "Who's Online" page Fan#1

Having reviewed the tourist advert above [watch it again if you've forgotten what it's like], I was surprised to discover this music video [see below], which seems to have been filmed in Black Daisystan! Black Daisystan: the up-and-coming setting for young bands' music videos!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mkmZBuidJVY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mkmZBuidJVY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023